Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

greginmadison

I have a 1995 GTX 657x Seadoo. Last time we had it out it cut out after 20 seconds at wide open throttle, but would idle just fine. I replaced all the grey fuel lines, replaces the fuel selector and rebuilt the carbs (one filter was 1/2 pluggend the other 1/4 plugged with gunk) with new needles and did a pop off test of about 25psi.

I put it in the drive way to test. It started, but at WOT it sounds like it was hitting the rev limiter. even 1/2 throttle it seemed to be running rough.

I took out a volt meter and made sure the voltage did climb higher at 1/2 and full throttle (it was about 14 volts, with 13 volts at idle and rest).

Here is the question: Can I really test WOT out of the water, or do I have to wait for next spring that all is well?

Not sure if I have a bad rev limiter.

I started up my 96 GTI and did a short test, it also was a bit rough at WOT, but not as bad.

To answer your first question, no you can't reliably test these out of the water. The engine needs to have a load on it. It is quite normal to hit the rev limiter out of the water. Do a water test and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back