won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmaldo69

I have a 2003 utopia 205. I have used this boat off and on for the last several yrs without a hitch. One day it started and the next it turns over and won't start. I tried looking at the obvious things like wire connections or anything standing out but couldn't find anything. I took it to Mayhem Marine and they had it for month and couldn't figure it out. When I got it back it I notice some wires on the battery were miss placed and some dangling there. So now I'm unsure if anything else was moved around. I tried starting it and it won't turn over like before. My question is prior to having to taking it. Has anyone experience all of a sudden boat won't turn over? Especially,when it just turned over day before and faithfully for yrs. Another question is does anyone know of a seadoo mechanic near or in San Antonio?

gm

Your first problem was taking it to a shop. Especially during the summer. All they do is take your money, and screw up your boat. Also... now it sounds like there could be more wrong than the original problem if the wires are dangling around.

Next... if you are looking for another shop... DO NOT look at Seadoo. First... the break up with Mercury and Seadoo was ugly. They stopped officially working on Merc boats 10 years ago. And second... they can't get parts for the Merc engines because of that.

So... if you want to work on your boat, and want our help... we need to start with.... what engine you do you have? I'm going to assume a Gen2 240EFI. But I want to make sure. Posting a few pictures will be the best... that way we can see what was done by the shop. (the dangling wires)

Yes its a 240 hp merc engine. I'm at work and unable to get pics now. I do remember its on the lt side of engine driver side and it has a small group of wires going into a small square box that has a piece of metal attached to it to be bolted down somewhere. On the battery they had a green wire thin connected to the positive terminal. I know it goes on negative cause when I charged the battery I know its 3 on neg and just main wire on pos.

gm

Can't address the no start issue, but the thin wire on the battery is probably the bilge pump. The only thin wire I have on my battery goes to said pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back