Won’t stay running 240efi in 2000 islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Took the plugs out and rotated the flywheel and water is shooting out. How bad is it doc? What’s the diagnosis

Sorry I missed it.

The flywheel isn't easy to turn by hand, with the spark plugs in. Take them out, and it should be relatively easy. But remember... there are 6 sets of piston rings holding it... and the friction of the oil pump, so don't expect it to just "Spin" free.

Since the engine is vertical, and the ports can be exposed on their side... it's a hard engine to hydro lock. (although, not impossible) It's more common on the rotax since it sits sideways.

OK... I just posted my response, and 2 above popped up. (strange)

Anyway... if you have water sitting in the engine... that's bad. It's a self draining engine.

With the plugs out... crank it dry. Then shoot in A LOT of fogging oil. (spark plug holes and in the intake) Then turn it by hand to distribute. (Then repeat) You want to make sure to realy get some oil into the engine. Then, I would remove the spin on fuel filter, and pour and ounce or two of your oil into that. Then start it, and just let it idle for 20~30 seconds, and shut it off. DO NOT run it on the hose. We want it to get a little hot to boil the water out. After it cools... do it again. We want that extra oil to just flood the engine.

Once this is done... you should be safe. But we need to figure out why it happened in the first place. Since it's self draining... it sounds like cooling ports may be plugged up. Did you find the water while it was on the trailer, or is it sitting in the water now?

Ok. I’ll do all of that. I was out of the water in the driveway with a hose attached. It was shooting out sludge when it ran. When I had it in the water it wouldn’t start. I did notice water running out behind the ecm in the front of the engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back