Winterizing - possible blockage in engine drain hose?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lakedude

As part of my winterizing on my 2 cycle SeaDoo GS. I remove the head and the top part of the water jacket. I pour anti-freeze directly into the water jackets and it normally it runs down the cooling system and into the engine cooling system drain hose. Which will then drain out of the exhaust pipe. In order to make sure that the anti-freeze mixes with any pockets of fresh seawater that are still in the engine, I pinch off the engine cooling system drain hose (this is mentioned in the shop manual) so the anti-freeze will back up and fill the entire cooling system.

My concern is that the drain hose does not have red anti-freeze in it, and it should. When I stopped using the ski a couple of months ago, I was getting a flow through the Cooling System Indicator near the stern eyelet which indicates that there is water flow In the cooling system.

Is this an indication that there is blockage between the exhaust manifold and the drain hose. If so, is there a way to address this? The drain hose connection to manifold is not easy to get to.

Any advice or has this happen to you.
seadoo 5.jpgseadoo 006.jpg

Theres no reason to take the head off...just pour in into the upper outlet hose.

It is entirely possible you have some blockage from sand or weeds...if the head was secure I would blow air in the clear tube to unblock it.

This is the EXACT reason you are supposed to put antifreeze in the system. Typically it should drain on its own, but if theres a slight blockage it could hold a little...or a lot of water in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back