Winterizing or NOT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremedesign10

I live in Minnesota and purchase a new 150 Speedster 255SC this year. Put 11 hours on it and changed the oil on it already. I keep it in my shop where I work, it is only heated while I am in it, as I turn the heat off when I leave. It is a big shop and has brick and drywall for 3 of my walls and and an insulated 18' garage door. Do I need to winterize the boat or not, as it never gets below 55 degrees in there? If so what is the main process for doing so? I don't want to spend the $180 at the closest dealer 1 hour away.

Thanks for everyones' help

i would definitely at least put Stabil in the fuel and fog the engine, both of which you can do yourself

Running antifreeze through the system does not take that long. I would say it is worth doing for the peace of mind. You would not want to crack the block if you are away for a few days and the temp in the shop falls.

I agree...what if you had a power outage for a few days and the temps drop.
$4-$10 of AF saves a $1000 engine.

Thanks!! Ok.. so I just did my 10 hour, 1st oil change. Do I now have to remove all the oil I just put in? If so that sucks as it was a $70 for the kit. Being the newer style engine SeaDoo makes do I have to do all the same steps as the older ones? What are the steps for the Anti-Freeze? I understand putting the StaBil in the gas. I have never done the Fogging or the AF part.. give me the simple terms/basic steps.

Thanks guys!

Make sure the fuel tank is full, then add stabilizer. No need for antifreeze...if you have an air compressor just use a nozzle and blow out the water in the exhaust via the flush point beside the jet pump at the rear, disconnect the battery and put on a trickle charger and your done!! Just leave the oil...no need to remove.

You dont even need to fill the fuel tank. I would honestly add the antifreeze and fog it. It takes 20 minutes and cost ya 15 bucks...why take the risk and not do it? My garage is heated and i still do it.

I can't find directions for winterizing my 2006 Utopia 4-tek.

There has to be a place somewhere in here with step by step instructions on how to run the antfreeze and fog the engines. Can someone please direct me to it?

Wingsfan - Search the threads for these tips. There were a few going in the last week or so.

Go WINGS......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back