Winterize question--Speedster 150 SC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodge37

Hello,

I am new to boating and took my Speedster 150 SC to get winterized recently-- I am trusting the dealership did everything correctly.

Yesterday i noticed there was a little bit of water in the bilge so I usually tip my boat up from the front end and let water drain out the drian plugs in the back.

But i was wondering, is it possible that any of the anti-freeze drained out when I did this ?? So now my engine is not filled with anti-freeze and is now going to freeze and crack ? (my boat is kept outside and it is in the 20s here in Washington, DC).

thanks,

Justin (the worried newbie)

Hi,

If your dealer did it properly... you will be fine.

I recommend tipping the nose up if it's stored outside. Even with a good cover, water will find it's way into the hull, and that will help it say drained out.

As the Doc said, you are going to be OK. The antifreeze they add for winterization is for your open-loop cooling which runs through the exhaust system and does not have to remain filled with antifreeze. It just has to mix with any water already in there so that it does not freeze. Ideally, the more water/antifreeze mix that drains out, the better.

And to confuse you even more, perhaps :), your engine also has a closed-loop cooling system. This has antifreeze in it all the time and cools the engine, much like your car. The system is sealed and tilting, tipping, etc. your ski will not drain any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back