winterization and supercharger rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustoke1

Can anyone help?
I need my superchargers rebuilt over the winter and I need the boat winterized.
Can I get the boat winterized and then remove the superchargers to send out?

I tried searching yesterday and couldn't find the answer.
The previous owner didn't have much in the way of service records. Luckily the hours were only 125 for a 9 year old boat. But no idea of if they were rebuilt.

I don't see why you couldn't rebuild the supercharger once the boat has been winterized considering you won't be running it anymore once the winterization is done.

Considering that winterizing is pretty much just removing any remaining water in the intake and exhaust system, then yeah, I don't see why you can't winterize then remove the SCs and send them off for rebuilding.

Yep, as replied to before...they aren't dependent on each other. You can send in your supercharger for rebuild at any time; this is the slower time of year so turn around is pretty quick.

Sea-Doo Supercharger Rebuild Service supercharger-rebuild-service

I can't imagine the rebuild service being any faster or better than it was when I sent mine in at the beginning of this Summer! That is, unless you're giving it away as a Christmas present! LOL!

What's your plans for winterizeing
I blew out the exhaust system with pressurized air. Then ran the motors to clear out the intercoolers. Then used pressurized air again.
Fogging the engine through the fuel rails next.
Pulling the battery.
The oil was just changed when i bought it in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back