Winter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris0412

Quick question my ski is still in the water and not coming out till around the 12th. But this weekend nyc is expected to flirt with 32 for one night. Do you think the ski will be ok? I know our engines are closed loop

You'll be fine if it is in the water. The lake effect makes it almost impossible for anything to freeze at this temperature in the water. We have some people here that keep their pontoons in the water even in the low 20s as long as they leave the motor down in the water.

You will be fine. Just get it out as soon as you can - it needs to drop in the teens for a good 8 hours for any damage to occur. First the cold needs to combat the residual heat from the sun during the day to get the water in the intercooler to the point of freezing. Not sure about keeping the lower unit in the water unless the outboard is self draining. I know a lot of OBs claim they are self draining but there is still a lot of water trapped in the head. The old optimax's were terrible if not completely drained - the water cooled the fuel pump, air compressor, head and electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back