Will the Rotax 300 Ace 1630 fit in SeaDoo Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FOCOhalsoft

Anyone have any experience here? I have the engine, all the matched electronics, I am just wondering if the motor mounts are the same or near similar enough to mount this powerplant in my 2007 SeaDoo Speedster 150

Not sure, but I bet it's damn close. I put a 4tec into the 97 Challenger 110. The boat truly earned its name. The main thing I'd worry about is the pump geometry. How is that driveshaft going to mate up with the pump and where will it put your motor? If you have to slide the motor forward much, you may bump up against the fuel tank. I saw a post on the hulk of a guy who use to cut custom drive shafts. I doubt it'll be cheap, but way easier than fabricating your own fuel tank like I had to. I wanted more volume anyway, and there really was no way I could get that 4tec in there otherwise. The Speedster has an extra foot on me though, and since the hull they put those in is the same hull they used to put 4tecs into, I'd bet you wouldn't have to mod much at all. Do you already have the speedster? If so, yank that 4tec and lower the 1630 in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back