Who wants to ride in Lower Alabama?

What kind of ride in would you like to have?

• The adult themed ride in

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • The family themed ride in, bring your kids

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoosnipe

Premium Member
Premium Member
With the 2nd annual ride in mid Florida soon approaching, I have thought it might be a good idea to look at hosting a ride-in myself in the mid parts of the Gulf of Mexico where members from Louisana, Texas, Mississippi, Georgia and Alabama might not be able to drive as far as Mid Florida for a get together but make Mobile a place that is kinda in the center of all our states.

I'm looking for a head count because I am thinking of renting a nice fish camp on the frequently sought after Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay. The fish camp sits on about 10 acres and is about mid way of Mobile Bay on the eastern shore. From there, we could ride into Wolfe bay, Mobile Bay, up the Mobile and Tensaw river, or even out into the Gulf of Mexico to visit the islands along the intercoastal waterway. The scenery could include beautiful river views with picturesque trees over hanging the river, along with the gators basking in the sun or the nice waves that would launch us into the air as we head for an island in the Gulf of Mexico.

The fish camp is called Bay Treat and is owned and operated by my wifes work place, Government Presbyterian Church. I would take care of the initial cost of reservation but additional costs of $30 dollars a head for the 3 day weekend would be left up to the members. I'm attaching some pix of the beauty of this place, off the beaten path. The oak trees shade parts of the beach front and the pier has a shower for swimmers.

If anyone is intersted, please PM me so I can try to track a head count. The facility is capable of sleeping 50 and the rental is for Friday thru Sunday with either the weekend of August 15th or the 22nd available. I'll have to act fast, since this place is a very popular rental. Please visit http://www.gspcmobile.org/Baytreat.htm to get a first hand look at what they have to offer, along with the pix I"m attaching.

At some point, we could make this a family themed ride in (easy on the alcohol) or an adult ride in (won't have to watch the language around kids)

Attachments

• 100_2297.jpg
    100_2297.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_2305.jpg
    100_2305.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_2307.jpg
    100_2307.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_2308.jpg
    100_2308.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 36
  • sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
Louis, I'll make the time to go as long as my 1988 Dakota is running... I just snapped an axle/CVJ last week...:ack:

I'm open for either date for a weekend trip.

Karl

Great...

Thats great Karl!.....I'd like to see you up here. The place I'm looking to reserve is an old home sitting on Mobile bay that was remodeled and has about 15 bedrooms in it. There is a huge kitchen and a main salon where people can congregate in the evening hours.

The I'm going to take care of the rental cost for the weekend but the cost per person is $30 bucks a head. So, of course I can't take on all the expenses. But I promise this, it's well worth it!....

If you decide you can make it, don't bring the boat. You, Joe and Greg (if they also decide to come up) can use the Challenger. I'll be on my new ski. Man, that thing flies!.....I may never drive the boat again.....:rofl:

I'm also looking at making the poker run. I do need to know when the date is firm so I can put in for vacation. If I wait till the last minute, my vacation may not be approved...........

Here in Mobile, we have so many different areas to ride. Up river, with the beauty of the huge oaks and old forrest growth, along with the gators and other wildlife. The bay, which is really just a huge lake, with not a lot of excitement, except for wave jumping and then, out of the bay into the Gulf.....SO, we have a variety of places we can plan on riding to.

I put a poll up to see if this will be family oriented where we can bring the kids with a limit on public intoxication or make it all adult themed and then, of course anything goes.........so, we'll see how it pans out!.....:cheers:

This is a great adventure at a great price!

Uh...I believe that if you vote in the pole, then you should at least leave a post in the thread so we know who voted publicly. Louis and I both voted and posted...20 people read the thread...3 voted at the present. The idea of the poll is to get a head count, to decide if we reserve the location or not.

This is a great way, at a very LOW cost to get away for a weekend to be with people that share a common interest. Come on folks lets show some enthusiasm. Don't you think it would be great fun seadooing some where different and having a great time too with your family? Summers are too short as it is...sign up today. :)

Louis, I'll tow my speedster 8 hours for the weekend trip, cause I know it will be a very fun weekend.
Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be there, but I just Googled it and it's 3956km (2458mi):ack:............each way !!!

That place looks fantastic for a get together though. I wish it was a whole country closer. Anyone who is within reasonable driving distance would be nuts not to sign up.

Aaron:cheers:

Across the bay...

I live on the west side of the bay and now and then, I drive my boat to the east side, pull up on the shore line and we all go swimming. The place is really a nice place and with me getting a good deal, I think it would be killer.........

You can get the air tickets, come down. I'd let you borrow the boat. I told KustomKarl he could have it but hey, if my Canada friends come all this way, I'd have to kick them out and let you have it...........:rofl:

This sounds like a great idea! We have been discussing finding new places to ride and this sounds perfect. Depending on whether it's family or adult (I voted for family) we would love to go on this adventure. (2 adults and 1 teenager). Great idea!

Baytreat...

I would love to see this happen but with the way this place rents out, I'm sure the dates we were looking for will be gone in a few weeks. No matter, there will be many summers to come.

Now, I'm looking forward to the second annual ride-in down around the Tampa area. Last years turnout was light but hey, that was the first one. You can't expect to be a great success the first time around. The second ride is already shaping up to be over twice the size as the last.

Anyone who would love to come down and ride in and around the Mobile Delta, Mobile Bay and into the Gulf of Mexico, PM me. I'll be happy to host people looking for a good vacation!........:cheers:

Closed....

I believe it's safe to say that there isn't a lot of interest in doing a ride in down in the Northern part of the Gulf of Mexico...........

So, I'll be closing the thread. Thanks for all that posted and maybe next year, we can get something together..............:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back