Which Boat To Buy

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in purchasing a Sea Doo Speedster, Challenger or Sportster 15' jet boat. I have the following questions :
Is is better to go with a 4-Tec four stroke or a two stroke engine for reliability and if so what year would you recommend ?
I'm not interested in supercharging so would rule that model out.
I would appreciate any help you can provide as I'm new to this type of boat.

I had a 2008 Speedster 150 215Hp and loved it.. Just make sure the supercharger has been rebuilt and it will bring you years of joy.. I personally would never buy a 2 stroke and I'm a older guy that only rode 2 stroke 4 wheelers but never would own a 2 stroke boat.
Good Luck..

I had a 2008 Speedster 150 215Hp and loved it.. Just make sure the supercharger has been rebuilt and it will bring you years of joy.. I personally would never buy a 2 stroke and I'm a older guy that only rode 2 stroke 4 wheelers but never would own a 2 stroke boat.
Good Luck..
I've heard that the supercharger has to be rebuilt the 1st time at 100 hrs and if done properly will last to 200 hrs before the next rebuild. Is that true ? Thanks 4 your comments, I really appreciate it

Everyone said my my 08 had the ceramic washers not true I pulled it out and they were steel with 48 hrs on it I just put it back in.. I talked to Sea doo they said some 08s were updated and to rebuild at a 100hrs they also told me if it has ceramic washers have it rebuilt no matter the hrs... Good luck

Everyone said my my 08 had the ceramic washers not true I pulled it out and they were steel with 48 hrs on it I just put it back in.. I talked to Sea doo they said some 08s were updated and to rebuild at a 100hrs they also told me if it has ceramic washers have it rebuilt no matter the hrs... Good luck
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I'm a fan of 4 strokes in boats, we have a 210 Challenger so I can not speak for the ones you have listed other than the power plants... Don't let the supercharger scare you. Just make sure all has been taken care of with the supercharger, if your a little handy and have the tools you can easily remove it and send it off for a rebuild for far less than a dealer rebuild. Sure it's an added expense but it's fun and imo a more desirable boat. See what you can find and go from there. Keep in mind any boat you purchase is going to cost you some cash even after the purchase, it's the nature of the beast! Remember, B.O.A.T. bust out another thousand!

I'm interested in purchasing a Sea Doo Speedster, Challenger or Sportster 15' jet boat. I have the following questions :
Is is better to go with a 4-Tec four stroke or a two stroke engine for reliability and if so what year would you recommend ?
I'm not interested in supercharging so would rule that model out.
I would appreciate any help you can provide as I'm new to this type of boat.

Take a trip down to NC and I'll sell you my Speedster 200! Superchargers just rebuilt with less than 10 hours on them!! :)

Good Luck..
Thanks for your comments

Thanks for your comments.

I'm a fan of 4 strokes in boats, we have a 210 Challenger so I can not speak for the ones you have listed other than the power plants... Don't let the supercharger scare you. Just make sure all has been taken care of with the supercharger, if your a little handy and have the tools you can easily remove it and send it off for a rebuild for far less than a dealer rebuild. Sure it's an added expense but it's fun and imo a more desirable boat. See what you can find and go from there. Keep in mind any boat you purchase is going to cost you some cash even after the purchase, it's the nature of the beast! Remember, B.O.A.T. bust out another thousand!
Thanks for your response.

I’m very happy with my 155 four stroke. Plenty of power to take the kids tubing and just enough power to get me (230 lbs) up on skis. Nice and simple, with no supercharger to worry about.

I’m very happy with my 155 four stroke. Plenty of power to take the kids tubing and just enough power to get me (230 lbs) up on skis. Nice and simple, with no supercharger to worry about.

Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply. I'm thinking along the same lines, a 155 hp four stroke. What year boat is the least amount of trouble ?

Not sure on that, but it seems that most people say the 155's are pretty bulletproof, regardless of year.

I got a steal on mine last year I paid 7500 with 48hrs on it and someone offered me 10000 so I let it go.

Sold our twin 97' challenger which always let us down, and we just purchased an 04' 155 Sportster and LOVE IT. I went without the SC due to high costs and little return. We had three adults in the boat and towing two teenagers on a Tube and it was an all day BLAST!

Sold our twin 97' challenger which always let us down, and we just purchased an 04' 155 Sportster and LOVE IT. I went without the SC due to high costs and little return. We had three adults in the boat and towing two teenagers on a Tube and it was an all day BLAST!
Thanks for your imput, I'm looking for a Sea Doo similiar to yours. Let me know if there are any in Ohio for sale. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for your 04 Sportster ?

We paid $5,250 all in and it had the OEM Wake Tower, 2017 Trailer and just had all the interior reupholstered as well. The seller was Great and worked with me on the price! Just ordered the New Stereo, and Hydro Turf....can't wait to get back on the water!

Attachments

• 1234.jpg
    1234.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 18
We paid $5,250 all in and it had the OEM Wake Tower, 2017 Trailer and just had all the interior reupholstered as well. The seller was Great and worked with me on the price! Just ordered the New Stereo, and Hydro Turf....can't wait to get back on the water!
Thanks for your reply. Keep an eye out for another 155 4 tec boat similiar to yours, Don't need the wake tower.

Here's one for you, just went up today!!!!!

2006 Seadoo Sportster
Here's one for you, just went up today!!!!!

2006 Seadoo Sportster
Hi Cabral family, thanks for the heads up on the 2006 Sea Doo Sportster. It happens to be located only 75 miles from my home in New York. I just fired off a e-mail to the owner requesting more information. I won't be home from Florida until April and hope it's still there to see. I may have my son look at it before I can. Is his asking price of $7995 a good buy ? Where are u located in Florida ? I'm in New Smyrna Beach, near Daytona Beach on the east coast. I'm trying to line up a test ride in a Sea Doo before I head North. Do you know of anyone in my current area that has a Sea Doo boat and may be willing to give me a ride ? I am going to be in Venice & Port Charlotte on the west coast for a week the 1st week in April. Maybe you know someone there. Any help you can be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the heads up. Call me at the following number if you like.

John Pfennig
Lockport, NY
716-535-0618
jhpfennig@yahoo.com

Hi Cabral family, thanks for the heads up on the 2006 Sea Doo Sportster. It happens to be located only 75 miles from my home in New York. I just fired off a e-mail to the owner requesting more information. I won't be home from Florida until April and hope it's still there to see. I may have my son look at it before I can. Is his asking price of $7995 a good buy ? Where are u located in Florida ? I'm in New Smyrna Beach, near Daytona Beach on the east coast. I'm trying to line up a test ride in a Sea Doo before I head North. Do you know of anyone in my current area that has a Sea Doo boat and may be willing to give me a ride ? I am going to be in Venice & Port Charlotte on the west coast for a week the 1st week in April. Maybe you know someone there. Any help you can be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the heads up. Call me at the following number if you like.

John Pfennig
Lockport, NY
716-535-0618
jhpfennig@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back