where is the VIN on a seadoo trailer at?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lpslacker

Baught a doo and trailer but had no title or registration for trailer. Dmv wants a vin but don't know where to start looking. Not at home with the trailer so it may be obvious but figured I'd ask anyways. Thanks.

Trailer VIN# are usually either stamped into the I beam at neck of trailer (where tongue meets the beam) or is stamped on a plate and riveted onto side of the beam where it meets the tongue.

On my 2 trailers, there is a decal with the number on it. If you have an old trailer the decal may be missing.
In Michigan the vin number is on the title and registration.

FYI - If anyone has an older trailer and the decal is starting to fade, you can order a new one (Decal) from the manufacture. I rebuilt/repainted my Eagle boat trailer last year and I call up Eagle and they sent me all new decals for everything + the paint code formula.

Only problem I may have is my brother in law when he had the trailer the tongue was bent so they took the hitch off and cut the trailer back till it was straight. So not sure if the part they cut off had the vin or not. Guess Ill have to look and hope for the best. If not I guess ill get it regist. as a homemade trailer, think all I need is a weight slip.

Well gotta love the power of the loophole, Just went in and registered it under a homemade trailer BAM new VIN and tag. Gotta love a good ol google search of your problems.

lpslacker - Does the new vin number get attached to the trailer in any way...metal tag or decal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back