Where does the bailer water exit?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

97gts717

Hello guys , I just took my ‘97 gts out on the lake for a ride and noticed a small stream of water shooting out from the rear towhook area. Is this the stock placement? I always thought the bailer tubes went to the pump area and went right into the water

That’s your coolant flow indicator (pisser) letting you know your cooling system is flowing water.

The bailers exit the pump with the jet blast so you can’t see them discharging.

That’s your coolant flow indicator (pisser) letting you know your cooling system is flowing water.

The bailers exit the pump with the jet blast so you can’t see them discharging.

Gotcha thanks. That’s a good thing to know!

Yes, you should check it often when riding.
Especially since most people don’t have the overheating alarm going off.

Recently bought 2001 sea doo gti and (side pisser) is Disconnected I clean it out but could Someone tell me where to connect it as it was Disconnected When I bought it and can't find a place where it should be connected to.

Yep there are two pretty close to one another on the left side of the ski. The one you are asking about connects to the top of the exhaust manifold/pipe and runs forward to the port in the hull. Sometimes they plug up. If you can't blow through it, it isn't open. Good Luck !

AT the moment this is all I could find quickly. :) This is a picture of the tattle tale connection on a 2004 GTI RFI 787. The 717 will be in a similar location. If I remember correctly the 717 is connected to the exhaust pipe at the top, not the manifold. :) If that is what you are asking. Good Luck. :) 2004 GTI Engine tattle tale..jpg

Thank you guys. Another Situation I'm having question number one does the flusher needs to be closed where the hose connects when I ride.
Question number 2 When the engine is hot and I plug in the hose because down within seconds but on the Lake my engine stays really hot don't know how to fix that cooling problem Nothing seems to be clogged but feels like it doesn't have enough pressure on the Lake for the water to be going through

Question 1 never close the flusher connection when riding as it’s part of the cooling system outlet
Question 2 check your wear gap between impeller and wear ring , big gap means low flow also when flushing check you have water coming out of exhaust and jet pump

How hot is hot , disconnect lines in pic I sent you and use a hose to check water flows freely

Water coming out exaust?????

That link has a nice flow diagram

Are you sure it is the side pisser and not the battery vent tube? We get this a lot here.
on the bailer tubes on a 2018 gti when in reverse should the elbow in the middle (of the bildge water lines)) squirt water out when in reverse. i know the strainer on my year has a check valve also so mine is squirting a stream as long as ski is in reverse . and when in forward the system is in suction and removes any water inside hull. would the reverse water stream be normal?

AT the moment this is all I could find quickly. :) This is a picture of the tattle tale connection on a 2004 GTI RFI 787. The 717 will be in a similar location. If I remember correctly the 717 is connected to the exhaust pipe at the top, not the manifold. :) If that is what you are asking. Good Luck. :) View attachment 44566.
the bailer lines ... what are the white circular filter looking things ??? there not factory im pretty sure and probabbly a filter or a checkvalve im guesing ........ on my 2018 ski the yellow elbows squirt water out when in reverse , does this ski? im asking about the engine picture if theres any other pictures i didnt look .

Not sure on the new skis but on the older 2 strokes it shouldn’t squirt out of the elbows since even with the reverse bucket down water is still moving out of the Venturi just like in forward.

I don't know which white circular things you are referring to sorry. As Miki said, those yellow elbows don't squirt water. Those are fittings with an orifice (I believe) and they run to the rear or the pump venturi. That is what siphons the water out of the hull and prevent it from coming back in.

20190904_121956.jpg
I don't know which white circular things you are referring to sorry. As Miki said, those yellow elbows don't squirt water. Those are fittings with an orifice (I believe) and they run to the rear or the pump venturi. That is what siphons the water out of the hull and prevent it from coming back in.
. the black ones are the same . but water shoots out both all the time in reverse making a mess

there spliced into the bildge line below the yellow elbows

Not sure on the new skis but on the older 2 strokes it shouldn’t squirt out of the elbows since even with the reverse bucket down water is still moving out of the Venturi just like in forward.
the dealer dont know either what could go wrong i guess ill have to call brp. plus other issues with crappy dealer i bought ski from

Man that's weird.
thats why i ask what the white cylinder type things are below the yellow elbows . its been a few months now but i remember in reverse with some throttle the elbows spray not just in reverse , in reverse at idle not enough pressure to spray. that why picture shows only one elbow spraying because i ran out of hands one to hold reverse lever secound for camara and the secound to hit the other lever to increase rpm so i had to release lever and then rpm lowered and i had to be quick to get camara on the fitting and by that time only one still had enough pressure to get the picture ( so the spray is much more force under rpm even worse). but this is on 2018 model where the strainer is also a check valve so i guess when you go in reverse the ski dont fill up with water thru the strainers . this system is for a brake and reverse and the brp video tell you to pratice driving in reverse to practice handling your craft safley. and if you raise rpm in reverse the elbow leaks into hull. and try dealer a service manager 4 out of 5 calls i made didnt know . only one guy said yes to water spray. i guess brp techs should know ill call em today.

i remember under more rpm in reverse the spray thru the elbow occurs . on my 96 97 the yellow elbows are factory installed still, and are way up in the top corner above (hard to see) inside the hull and unless really looking at them ( i never did and never knew theres a small bleed hole in them) in reverse and with extra throttle i would never worry about it nor look at it. i did always wonder why i had water in my hull at ramp after pulling ski out and open drain plug a always got a gal or two about. my area in july theres a lot of sea weed and to clear it i always have to go back and forth ( forward reverse) to clear the clogged pump.

What ski are we working on here?

Please start a new thread on your issue motoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back