Where do you get your RAVE's shaved?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsw222

I tried to shave down a set of RAVE's last season with my first rebuild. I used a sanding stone attachment on a drill and obviously had no idea what I was doing... so i shaved off what seemed to be too much because they wouldn't open properly even with cap adjustments.

So now i'm doing another rebuild on the other engine, and I'm starting with 4 fresh RAVE's that need shaved to be able to work with SBT top end kits

Any suggestions on where to send them?

I emailed Full Bore, and they said they won't do it for me unless I also got an engine rebuild. Kinda stupid, I said I would pay whatever they charged... but oh well.

Any other online services that you know of? Or places in Pittsburgh?

Thanks guys, I know this is probably a stupid thread... but i don't have any experience getting things machined.

Are the Jugs still off? It's easy to to do them if you have the jugs in your had to test fit them with. (I can help)

Are the Jugs still off? It's easy to to do them if you have the jugs in your had to test fit them with. (I can help)

For the engine i rebuilt last year... no, the jugs are back on... i recently bought replacement (used) rave's to cut and swap out for the ones that i butchered last year

For the engine i'm doing now... i didnt pull the jugs yet, but i can leave them off while the raves are worked on.

I'm planning on pulling the top end this week to see how bad it looks. I will post pics in a new thread when i do.... and im praying its just the top end (i hope, i hope, i hope)

OK... just give me a yell once you are ready.

Did you ever see my hobby room?? :hurray:

3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back