What's a dead 96 XP worth in Arizona/CA area?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
I gave it to my dad, he tried to swap out a coil or something, and crossed a wire, and now it is dead. Still lots of good parts, or maybe just new coils, and it is good for 58 mph on the GPS in 2-3 seconds.

Anyway, it is just sitting in their garage in Yuma, collecting dust. I would like to see it go to a good and caring home and get put back in the water.

I need to get a general idea what would be a fair asking price so we can put a FOR SALE sign on it.

Hey Scoop,
Probably MPEM toast if no lights or beeps.
Have you checked the fuses?

Spim is the resident on buying skis but it depends on areas and time.

If hull is decent and comes with trailer start at 500-800 since buyer can not check compression.

Or try to source MPEM form minnetonka4me or 99spxxx to get running ski of ~1200-1500.

Others will chime in but check with craigslist for comparable skis in your area to see if fair deal.

Hows the Glastron doing?

the entire ski, dead... is only worth $500 to $800.

BUT... if you know the engine is good... it's worth $800 on ebay. You can part it out, and make $1800 to $2k. Engine, trailer, VTS, pump and gauges bring the most money. The seat, hood are next... then the rest of the parts will just be a few $$$ each.... and you may have to scrap the hull.

Glastron is great! But down for a week or two. Replacing a couple of trim hydraulic hoses, bellows, greasing splines and bearings, all that off-season maintenance, and going to repaint the outdrive while it is off.

I think it still beeps. Not sure, and would have to call dad and ask. I think it still turns over, just won't fire up and run. Pretty sure he just killed the coil(s) or just did not wire them up correctly.

I got the XP for free, gave it to dad when he went to Yuma 2 years ago. He has since bought an outboard boat, so he has lost interest in the XP. Drug it all the way from Houston, and never used it! So if he can snag $500-8800 off it, and I get a decent chunk of THAT, I would be happy.

I just know how well it ran before I gave it away, and I hate to see it just get scrapped.

Dad says it still beeps, but won't turn over.

So no idea what is up with it.

I was out there for Christmas and spring break, but I refused to look at the XP after all the work I put into it, getting it running top-notch, then his not paying attention and slapping stuff together and screwing it up...I wasn't going to help him out. He has the books, and is only a phone call away from semi-decent help, but refused to ask.

Still, I hate to see it get junked, because it is/was a great machine!

You can still have him check the basics to narrow possibilities.
Take plug out and see if it sparks??

But you have Dr which is more versed on 787 than I.
He should get you/Dad pointed in the right direction.

Sadly, dad has a boat and a motorcycle, and has no further interest in the XP.

He has actually tried to give it away to my brother and my uncle, but no takers. I don't blame them. A "dead" seadoo can be REALLY expensive to get running it you don't know what you are doing.

Sadly, dad has a boat and a motorcycle, and has no further interest in the XP.

He has actually tried to give it away to my brother and my uncle, but no takers. I don't blame them. A "dead" seadoo can be REALLY expensive to get running it you don't know what you are doing.

Don't say that to loud.
You'll have your pm box full.
hahaha

Try posting in regional a FS thread for him.
Its better than screening all the weirdos from CL.

A guy like me lives in an area where skis go cheap yet I would still be happy to pay $500-$600 all day for that deal. Dr. Honda makes a great point about the value of the ski both dumped and parted. If you let it go for less than $400 on a trailer then it should be friend or family in my opinion.

sounds like you need to tell your dad to jump the solenoid and see if it cranks. If it does he needs a $40 solenoid to get it running then its worth $1200 or more depending on condition, trailer, etc.

I will tell him to try that.

I should have done it when I was there for Christmas, but I just didn't want to mess with it for the few days I was visiting. Bad enough I have to be "computer guy" and fix all the laptops and computers that they have screwed up over the past year.

Bad enough I have to be "computer guy" and fix all the laptops and computers that they have screwed up over the past year.

God, I know that feeling. Whenever I visit any of my family, the first thing they ask is if I could see what is wrong with thier computers. lol

Dad is too interested in getting his boat cleaned up, and playing with his motorcycle, and has no interest in the XP anymore.

I told him to take it to Yuma Marine, let the guys fix it to get it running, then let them sell it on consignment to pay for the repair and get it into someone's possession who will care for it, and use it.

It peeves me to know it is just sitting in his garage rotting. At least it is in a garage, and not out in the desert sun. I put lots of work into it to get it looking nice and running good.

Its hard to sell something when it could be a $30 part or a $300 part to get it going...someone needs to spend 30mins troubleshooting it.

Or...throw it up for $800ish and see what happens.

Hell I'll take it off your hands for what it costs to get it back to Houston if you're looking to get rid of it.

It never ran since it left Houston. If it had stayed here, it would have never died for more than the time it took for parts to come in.

I wanted to put a FOR SALE sign on it and continue playing with it until someone saw how fast it was, asked how much I wanted, and sold it on the lake!

Dad had no boat and figured he would use it in Yuma, then broke it and now it sits...:(

If I go back out there anytime soon, I will bring it back with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back