What would you charge for a 951?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jforest

I have a 99 GTX I bought to part out. It has a 951 that I'm planning on selling to my co-worker. I did a compression test and got 120psi/135psi on the cylinders.

First of all, is that too much of a difference between the cylinders?

My main question is what would you charge for the engine and install? He has a 98 GSX limited. I'd like to give him a good deal but I want to make sure I'm fair to myself.

Just looking for opinions.

Thanks,

Joe

In Jacksonville, FL and just sold a running 140psi/hole 951XP in absolute drop in ready condition with pipe and carbs attached for about $800, and I didn't install it.... alignment during install is critical on the 951 engine. ... definitely would have charged a fair amount to install and align it

Your one cylinder is low and that's not good but it should run for a while. The 99 is a dual coil and his 98 is a single coil system. You must use the flywheel/stator cup from his 98 or it's never going to start.

Your one cylinder is low and that's not good but it should run for a while. The 99 is a dual coil and his 98 is a single coil system. You must use the flywheel/stator cup from his 98 or it's never going to start.
Thank you, I did not know that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back