What part do I need?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkbob

I've been looking over this site to see what part I need...

https://www.seadoopartshouse.com/oemparts/a/sea/500cc3d1f870021b3c6a70d1/body-and-accessories

The latch in front of the drivers seat is hanging by a thread and the previous owner added some kind of foam (?!?) to secure it. Seriously?

latch.jpg

latch2.jpg

To my eye a whole new $1100 console assembly would be required to do it right. That's a bit over my budget so I may have to see if I can secure the latch in another way (not using foam!). What do you guys think?

The real problem is that the hydrolic cover holder has lost it's umph and won't hold the hatch open. It tends to drop and I'm betting the former owner had the cover drop too many times and broke the latch. Are these hydrolic things hard to replace? Any tips there?

hydrolic.jpglatch.jpglatch2.jpghydrolic.jpglatch.jpglatch2.jpghydrolic.jpg

Saw that one but it doesn't look like my part is in there anywhere. They have the glovebox and the lid and even the hook but not the grey part that they all hook into. Any ideas?
It's right there, #31.

Chester

It's right there, #31.

Chester

Ah! I see the confusion. No that's not what I need. #31 is just the reinforcement plate that goes UNDER and #26 goes in through the top and meets up with #31 on the bottom side. # 32 sits inside it. But they are all hooked up to the the part I need... I'm looking for the large grey THING (whatever it's called) in the middle. I put in some red arrows and circles. To my eye it's not mentioned anywhere on that diagram.

Big and grey and plastic... that's the ticket! But I do appreciate your help. Thanks.

latch2.jpg

Is that piece plastic or fiberglass? If it's plastic, maybe you could reinforce it from below with some plastic sheets (like thin cutting board material) and adhere it with some G-FLex epoxy.

If it's fiberglass, then you can easily fix it with some glass work.

Maybe post a pic of what's going on underneath??

Post some pics of the damage to yours without the foam and also the reinforcement piece underneath. You may be able to salvage what you have. If it's plastic and not fiberglass, you may be able to find a plastic welder nearby to help with the repair. If you need to go the epoxy route, I've had great luck with the G-FLex epoxy I mentioned earlier. It's solid, but allows for a bit of give/flex.

anywhere near east tn? I have a nitro fuzer you can use to repair it, you can also try the solder method and melt the new plastic with some plastic sheeting.

anywhere near east tn? I have a nitro fuzer you can use to repair it, you can also try the solder method and melt the new plastic with some plastic sheeting.

Very kind. Sorry to say I'm no where near. Looks like I'll have to use some quality glue and a bit of spare plastic. But I can get creative. I'm sure I can fix up something.

Take your dash completely off. Flip it over and lay layers of fiberglass and resin from behind. On the top side, fill with resin and small pieces of fiberglass. Use some bondo on the top side and sand to give it a smooth finish. Spray silver paint in the recess. Redrill your holes. I made a top reinforcement plate out of 1/8" stainless that fits in the recess. Now you will have a top plate and bottom plate sandwiching the plastic dash. This will disperse the impact force of the shutting hatch. Upgrade your gas strut with a higher psi gas strut to prevent the wind from slamming the hatch shut. There is a thread on the gas strut. Brief your passengers to gently lower the hatch when shutting. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back