What is this part called? is it needed?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subjockey

Hi,
I have a 1996 Seadoo GTX Rotax,
There is two black covers just behind the spark plugs with a little red circle on top(I have attached photo), 1 is in real good condition(right one) and the other the rubber inside is broken(left one), Can I just leave it off? and if I need it on, what are they called so I can order a new one?
Thanks in advance!!Image-1.jpg

Those are Rotax Adjustable Vale Exhaust assemblies, you need a couple of RAVE repair kits. This often happens b/c the round bore in the base that the guillotine valve shaft slides through gets worn and sloppy, allowing hot exhaust to enter the rubber actuation bellows and burn it. In that case, you need to replace or repair the housings to eliminate the worn bore.

Thanks, that helps heaps!! I will get onto it. In the mean time can I use the jetski without fixing this or will it do damage?
Thanks again!!

Fix it before you ride the ski again, if the guillotine falls into the piston you can do major engine damage.

Oh, and welcome to the SeaDoo forum.

Lou

Minnetonka has many good used parts and I can tell you he will treat you right, so if you want to save a little and want good quality or OEM stuff still in good condition, he's the guy to talk to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back