What fuel line would you recommend?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerbuhrow1100

Hi, have 2 Seadoos to change hoses on, 2000 XP and 1992 XP. I'm buying 5/16 and 1/4 ID. Should I use Tygon 4040, I have seen some blue vinyl hose advertised also. I'm only doing this job once. Harder time finding the 5/16 in tygon. Or something else? Thanks

Just standard black automotive fuel hose is all you need. The blue stuff usually gets hared and is junk.

I just buy it on 25' spools from Amazon.

I've seen those clear lines swell up with pressure on my buddy's ski. Not sure what kind they were. Kinda scary to watch.

Just standard black automotive fuel hose is all you need. The blue stuff usually gets hared and is junk.

I just buy it on 25' spools from Amazon.

Yup !! I think it's $20 for the spool of the black stuff. That's a ll I use.

That translucent/clear (vinylish?) stuff is the worst IMO, I've been testing nylon made for fuel injection and so far so good but it's lots harder to work with so takes more fiddling.

I just picked up a reel of regular black fuel line from AutoZone this afternoon. If you have a NAPA close by, I believe they are less expensive. Autozone was $1.99 per foot, and I believe NAPA was $1.40 last time I bought fuel line... I just wasn’t driving that far out of my way to save the $10.00.

I just picked up a reel of regular black fuel line from AutoZone this afternoon. If you have a NAPA close by, I believe they are less expensive. Autozone was $1.99 per foot, and I believe NAPA was $1.40 last time I bought fuel line... I just wasn’t driving that far out of my way to save the $10.00.
I just order 25' rolls at a time. Little over $0.80 per foot.
Screenshot_20190320-161252.png

The 1994 uses all 1/4" fuel line. The 2000 uses 5/16"except for the return line that is 1/4"

There is no reason to replace the oil lines except for the tiny ones from the oil pump to the intake manifold and those are 3/32" tygon.

Gates is the best from my experience and can be bought at NAPA at a reasonable price, it's what BRP uses. Some of the discount auto parts places have some pretty cheap fuel line that may or may not last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back