What does a bad supercharger sound like?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyTequila

My son just called and reported that the sled is making a funny high pitched sound and won’t accelerate.

He started it, and let me listen over the phone and it sounded bad. Like metal on metal. The sled has 88 original hours. Was planning on doing the super charger at 100 hours.

Could it be time?

if it is starting, and revving but not going anywhere there is something wrong in the driveline, high pitch metal on metal sound sounds like a stripped driveshaft or pto

Made it to the lake last weekend.
Was able to remove the intake plate reach in and spin the impeller while the drive shaft remained stationary.
Without being able to take the unit apart ( no real tools ) I am wondering the following:
1- is there a slip clutch or shear pin or something to give-way before either the drive shaft or impeller strip?

2- assuming not which would be the most likely to strip, the impeller or the drive shaft?
( I am assuming the stock impeller is stainless, if it's aluminum I'd suspect the impeller has stripped )

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
Just went through the same thing. My driveshaft was stripped . Probably could’ve gotten by with the impellar but I just replaced it all .

With this sort of fit, one parts not going to go bad without damage to it's mating part. You could probably get by just replacing the shaft if your goal was to trade it in immediately.

Not doing this job twice.
Getting both, and seals, and circlip and carbon ring, and rubber boot And.......
Looking for a great source for OEM parts. Everyone seems to have the same prices. Any suggestions?

Not sure what sled has an impeller? I thought they had tracks.

Sounds like seadoo is doing something wrong with the driveshafts or impellers as I have never heard so many issues like this in a season. These should never be stripping splines.

Contact @hfgreg from PWC Muscle as he said he can match or beat anybody's OEM pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back