Welcome to the new SeaDooForum.com!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeZ

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Welcome to the new SeaDooForum!

We've upgraded to the latest software and updated the design! Please note, SDF was optimized and designed for Mozilla Firefox. Yes, there is a difference.

Some new features:
  • New Custom Nav Bar Widget
    • Most control panel links under "tools"
    • Easily read PMs and newest threads
    • Allows more information to be available while taking up less space
  • Faster Performance
  • Enhanced Forum Options
  • Latest and most sophisticated vBulletin, 4.1.2
  • More Modification Friendly
  • Greater Reliability
  • Ease of Use
  • A Mobile Version - Browse from any mobile device!
Expect to see the site improvements and evolutions over the next couple of days. As more additions are tested and added, you will see this feature list expand. It may be a big change for some, and will take a couple of days to get use to the new navigation and layout, but the update was necessary. This will keep SDF on the latest software and updated for more security and future expansion.

Sorry for the delay and down time, but it is well worth it. We are currently working to add additional features and debug any upgrade issues. Please help us improve the site by reporting and errors or issues to us by private message (either JoeZ or HFGreg).

Thanks for your support and activity here on SeaDooForum. If not for our great members, this website would be just a shell. It's you that makes SDF special, and we never lose sight of that.

Thanks again,
JoeZ & HFGreg
SDF Admin

Now that i am figuring it out, its not so bad. I am just a major creature of habit and hate change. Give me a week and I am sure I will love it.

Now that i am figuring it out, its not so bad. I am just a major creature of habit and hate change. Give me a week and I am sure I will love it.

Same here. I felt lost for a little while but I really like the new set up. Good job guys!!! I also learned dont change the little drop down tab at the bottom to lightweight, for some reason it took me forever to get the forum back to the way I had it LOL!!! not sure what it did but dont do it LOL!!! Again great job on the site

Haha yes, the lightweight tab is for mobile phone users. We are still working on the theme a little bit which is why we haven't yet announced it, but it does work.

Haha yes, the lightweight tab is for mobile phone users. We are still working on the theme a little bit which is why we haven't yet announced it, but it does work.

LOL!!! yeah a word to the wise...dont mess with it LOL!!!!!

Heh you can now switch back to full design by selecting "Full Site" if you try out the mobile platform. Easier now :)

If anyone can check from their phone, see how it works and give us some input. It's about 1/20th the size and load time of the full site!

Whose idea was it to stuff the ads in the middle of the posts? Love the new layout. But every site anymore is littered with ads and it looks terrible.

The ads are only after the first post and help pay for the web server and other fees incurred to the site. If you become a premium member those ads are removed..

How much revenue is being generated from the clicks under the post from google? haha. If it was me, Id never put them in that location, regardless of members status. Im likley to stick to the regular member section. I help where I can, and get help where I can.

This was a design feature prior to this revision. The ads don't generate much, but do help some of the massive server costs.

Since this was just an announcement thread, I'm going to close it now. Please report any bugs you see with the design by PMing me or Greg (or starting a new thread).

Thanks!
Joe Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back