Wear ring spinning in pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jskillz28

Less than a month old wear ring &impeller, nothing has been sucked up (yet). Having checked and clearance looks okay, wanting to know if there is any tricks to stopping this without removing the ring. Also if not how would i save the ring it has to come off and be reinstalled with rtv silicone.

Sounds like you used an aftermarket ring. They don't always fit properly. If it was an OEM ring, then your pump was badly warn.

You can try to re-install it with RTV, but there's A LOT of force in the pump, and chances are... it will break loose again.

I have found over the years that pretty much every aftermarket part for these is junk and you will end up buying OEM anyways so just spend a couple dollars more and go OEM the first time. Honestly, when an aftermarket wear ring is $25 and an OEM is $35 is that $10 really going to blow your budget?

Very true, lesson learned. Curious, after i install an oem ring. And it still spins? Is the pump junk at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back