wear ring noob & confused.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gday

Clearly I'm a novice on wear rings. I am trying to reassemble my 2012 speedster 150 HO pump and I'm at the point of installing a new wear ring and I've failed. I should start by saying this is the first time the pump has been off the boat. The removal of the old wear ring was too easy - basically fell out in the freezer. I ordered a 267000372 replacement ring and I've failed getting it into the pump housing. Things I've learnt since:

1) Wear rings are tapered - both OD and ID.
2) The inner "round edge" that needs to face out is extremely subtle.
3) Despite the fact that I ordered 267000372, turns out I received 267000419 per its sticker - it was from a seadoo dealer and appears oem.
4) Part 267000419 is for the non-SC setup.
5) The part #s for the SC and non-SC pump housing are the same - this would imply that the OD of each wear rings should be similar.
6) The OD of my impeller measures exactly 6.259 inches ie 159mm.
7) From internet reading, 159mm should be the impeller size for a SC setup and 155.5mm for non - so that confirms my 6)
8) Part 267000419 measures 6.425in ID and 267000372 6.325in ID - as measured with my micrometer on the facing in side (boat side). ODs are similarly different.

Clearly I need to go get the correct ring however, if a non SC has a smaller impeller, why is its ring larger than the SC ring - and why aren't the OD's the same? Or where has my thinking gone wrong here?

-mick

I don't really follow all this but I can tell you that I recently changed my wear ring on my 2010 NA Speedster with 155 HP the part I ordered and receive from the dealer was 267000419. The wear ring fit after cooling in the freezer and then some effort with a block of wood and a hammer. The impeller OD for my engine is 155.5 mm.

I’ve replaced the ring on this pump a few times and have never noticed a taper. The ring has a beveled edge on it. I can’t remember if it mounts out or not. When I get home I’ll look at my manual.

The wear ring I recently installed had a beveled edge on both ends. It can be installed in either direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back