Watercraft Mechanic Needed, North Delaware or Elkton MD

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adventuredude

First post, I just got back into this sport now that my son's are old enough. I bought a few x4 seadoo's and need someone nearby that I can pay to work/teach us how to work on these. Plus I would love to get my old stand ups,running for my kids to ride. The local shop is 110 hour, i might as well become a,tree hugger and buy kayaks. I'm willing to pay a reasonable rate , please let me know , can you start tomorrow ?

I think you are going to have to get your hands dirty and let us help you DIY. There are almost no shops anymore that will work on 2-strokes and if they do they are all well over $110 per hour.

Must be an enthusiast nearby that would love to get 40 an hour and let me watch . I'd even consider a week long 2 stroke class like a few guys used to teach.

Sadly there are typically not. I used to but there are too many jerks out there that you try to be nice and service their pump then their engine blows up because they never service their carbs and it's your fault because you were the last one to touch it.

Good luck finding help but I suggest learning to do it yourself.

Though if there are no takers on the 40 an hour offer , your right , I will pull the old camaro out of the useless one car garage and put a cover over it and get started and will be bugging you guys to death, thank you so much for the offer .

My first purchase was a 95 xp and 97 spx, fresh water Poconos skis, believe it or not the original motor 95 runs pretty good.The Spx has the finger throttle with after market bars and a supposedly a several year old motor. The first issue is the spx will either run like a scalded cat or die /shut off as if you forgot to turn the gas on . When I first took it out I was able to keep it running by holding it at a steady rpm above idle but not planed out for a fee minutes. This seemed to fix the issue for most of the day and then the issue returned. The lady I bought them from had purchased the spx from an x4 enthusiast a couple years ago. So I figured the tempo lines exc exc , had been replaced by this guy. Next neither actually jump out of the water like I'm reading they should , so I'm sure both need the wear rings, the trim sounded like such a continuous pain from my research that , ebayed a manual nozzle not installed yet thinking if I liked it id buy 2 more .

I go through the entire fuel system on any ski I get and never trust that it was done recently.

Can, I do this bit by bit so the kids and I can have some fun , were on the east coast so we have a much smaller window of opportunity to rip these things or do you feel the danger of running lean and ruining a,motor is to much of an issue. What can I do each evening after riding so we can keep riding but I'm making progress if that isn't to big of a risk I'm off work for awhile.

Or do I stop riding them and just work on them for a few days. Which being honest is pure torture for a guy who can t watch tv and has the patients of s knat when working on stuff, but for some reason can research info online for hours and hours and enjoy it.

Spending a few days to get them dialed in is better than blowing them up and waiting all summer for a new engine.

So I guess search the forums for the fuel system clean up and if I get stuck , send you a pic or something. Thanks again for your help, there must be an x4 enthusiast nearby that could use an extra 40 bucks an hour I'm still hoping .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back