Water towing my Spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sludg

Manual says to crimp intake hose when towing in water. Well BRP has made it near impssible to crimp this hose. Does it relay need to be crimped for a tow?

Manual says to crimp intake hose when towing in water. Well BRP has made it near impssible to crimp this hose. Does it relay need to be crimped for a tow?

A SLOW tow no. But if you get even close to 10 MPH or so yes. If not, you can easily force water backwards through the system and fill your engine with sea/lake water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2019 Spark Trixx with the 900 ACE engine.

1. On my engine the hose has a rigid plastic Tubing that is covering the hose at the location where the Owner's Manual advises to crimp. So I'm confused on how this should be done, since they don't advise removing anything and the Owner's Manual diagram doesn't seem to indicate a Tubing covering is present.

2. Since the inlet and outlet hoses both pass thru the pump support and out the rear, I'm left wondering why only the inlet hose is to be clamped. (Perhaps because the inlet is open at the top ot the impeller housing and the outlet is lower in the water? Is there backflow prevention on the outlet side?)

3. According to the 2019 Owner's Manual the clamp should be used at any tow speed AND speed should not exceed 13mph.

Note: it seems clamping is needed only when engine is not running while in tow.

Back