water seeping from spark plugs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
???

is it coming out of the plug holes (if so not good. get water out of engine asap), or mayber from a cooling line close by?

If your sure your plugs are tight and seated, then yes it sounds like you need need new O-rings, reseal, and torque to spec

Did that to my XP. Went ahead and replaced all the o-rings on the top head portion. They were in all pretty nasty shape.

If I remember correctly, they came as a kit that included several different o-rings that fit the water passages up there.

Have I been PUNKED

I was thinking about water comming up from the cyl through the plug holes. Did not even think about the water circulating around the head and the two orings that seal around the plug holes :ack:. So what your saying is.... there is more than likley no water in the cyl and I should think before speaking.

Wait... is that Ashton Kutcher. Have I been PUNKED!

I doubt seriously that you have water in the cylinders. You would have some pretty serious issues if that was the case.

Just under the plugs is a cover (with SEADOO stamped on it) and under that is the actual cylinder head. Between the two is space for water to go through. I am willing to bet the water is seeping from between the seal between those two pieces.

When you pull the cooling cover off, you will see a big square o-ring and a small round o-ring just around the spark plug. If the plug ring is wasted, it is a safe bet to guess that the big one is too.

I may have been wrong on getting them in a kit. I might have been thinking of the cylinder gasket kit.

Those o-rings will cost you around $3 each for the round ones and $12 for the big square one.

I doubt seriously that you have water in the cylinders. You would have some pretty serious issues if that was the case.

Just under the plugs is a cover (with SEADOO stamped on it) and under that is the actual cylinder head. Between the two is space for water to go through. I am willing to bet the water is seeping from between the seal between those two pieces.

When you pull the cooling cover off, you will see a big square o-ring and a small round o-ring just around the spark plug. If the plug ring is wasted, it is a safe bet to guess that the big one is too.

I may have been wrong on getting them in a kit. I might have been thinking of the cylinder gasket kit.

Those o-rings will cost you around $3 each for the round ones and $12 for the big square one.
What do I ask for

What are you asking? Is there water in your engine or is water leaking around your spark plugs when the engine is running?

It’s easier for us to help you if you start a new thread with your problem.

There are 2 orange o-rings but if I was replacing them I would do all o-rings on the head. There are 7 total. 2 for compression, 2 for the cylinder water jackets, 2 for the spark plugs and 1 for the head shell.

The water is coming from the spark plug water jacket O-rings. Depending on the engine, you'll have to pull the head to replace them. I agree with mikidimac about replacing all the rubber in there. You can get a visual breakdown from the repair manual. They can be downloaded free of charge from here. Use the indicated sealants on the rings and bolts for best results.

Sounds good . I ordered them so I should have it done by this weekend and I'll let you know how it does . Thank you for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back