Water in the foot wells

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

treyski

I own two GTI 130s and we normally keep them on the lift over a lake. After washing them the footwells fill with water and you have to scoop it out or push with a long handled brush to get them dry. I’m sure everyone has this problem! Anybody have any ideas to make the footwells self draining?

The only thing I can think of would be to have the Sea-Doo at an angle (I see similar setups here but I don't know if they are lifted enough. During the peak of summer I wash mine regularly because otherwise some slimy algae starts to develop.

The only thing I can think of would be to have the Sea-Doo at an angle (I see similar setups here but I don't know if they are lifted enough. During the peak of summer I wash mine regularly because otherwise some slimy algae starts to develop.

Yes I get algae and bugs! The angle would need to be too severe for a lift unfortunately. Thanks.

This seems like your best solution.
c8d375a8abe5c5f484920084a9d5daeb.jpg

I use the same hose for washing, flushing, and then as a siphon for the footwells. Does a decent enough job that I can just get the rest with a small towel.

My buddy uses one of children’s pump water guns from Walmart. Costs a couple bucks. Kinda like what’s in the photo. Then towel down the little bit that’s left

Attachments

• CAB12C2F-61C0-4F40-87EF-78F862771892.jpeg
    CAB12C2F-61C0-4F40-87EF-78F862771892.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 26
It rains a lot here and I am thinking of drilling an 1/8" drain hole so the
rain water drains from the topside of the footwells down into the hull/bilge
area and then out the back of the drain plugs when I am not using my
waverunner. When I am in the water, running the bilge can handle any small
amount of water that drains from the footwells into the hull. What do ya
think???

Pictures to follow

I've got a better idea. Take a half inch drill bit and drill about a hundred
holes in the bottom of the hull. Thank you.

If there is some way to drill a drain hole slanting downwards through
thewell and the hull, into which you could fit a well fixed tube,
that would be a better approach

If there is some way to drill a drain hole slanting downwards through
thewell and the hull, into which you could fit a well fixed tube,
that would be a better approach
I HOPE you are kidding :p.....drilling holes through the hull (or the footwells) is never a good idea, just to keep the footwells dry????? A 2 gallon bucket and a little $1 (dollar store) brush will clean those footwells right up...just before each use.

I actually have a stock drain going into my starboard footwell on my ski, drains a low spot on the nose of the ski.

We just put the covers on. Keeps the footwells from filling. The angle of our ramps also tends to minimize the amount of water that can collect in there.SideView_Cropped.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back