Water in jet pump cone?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

meedz

We’ve got a fleet of 2016 and 2017 sparks - we had one of our 16’s in for warranty because the bearing failed on the jet pump.

Since then we’ve taken each pump apart on both the 16 and 17’s and ALL of them have water in the cone? There is still the original bearing grease, but enough “caramel” coloured water to pour out of the cone.

How is water getting in? O-rings on the cone seem just fine. I find it bizarre given that even our 2017’s also suffer from this issue? Moreover, it’s not a single unit but we’ve done 8 so far and ALL have the same issue?

As part of winterization we’ve air chucked the water out and loaded the cavity on top of the bearing with XPS jetpump bearing grease.

Any ideas?

Water could be penetrating in the front of the pump where it seals on the impeller shaft. You'd need to pressure isze the pump to do a leak down test......this should be done when you service the pump.

Parts 270 and 220 are seals and 210 is an o-ring. You'll have to inspect it to try and determine the cause of the damage if the seal is bad. I guess these are rental fleet skis?

197.jpg

Water could be penetrating in the front of the pump where it seals on the impeller shaft. You'd need to pressure isze the pump to do a leak down test......this should be done when you service the pump.

Parts 270 and 220 are seals and 210 is an o-ring. You'll have to inspect it to try and determine the cause of the damage if the seal is bad. I guess these are rental fleet skis?

197.jpg

They are rental fleet . . . We do general service every 50 hours on all machines; maybe we'll just start to monitor and add the pump grease to our list at every service.

Seems very bizarre that they ALL have this issue. Oh well, that's what warranty is for right :thumbsup:

how do you check for this Is it easy? I may check before I winterize mine if this seems to be an issue. I have never taken a pump apart what is under the cone a bearing that can seize?

Back