Water In engine compartment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dadtune

I took my 1997 GTS in for service this spring, but its 150 miles away. Water appears to be filling the compartment but there are no hull leaks. What could cause water coming in from the cooling system to get out into the compartment? Could the hoses be connected wrong?

If you just got it back from the service its possible a Hose was just not connected tightly enough, yes you are correct. Or possibly your carbon ring. I would first check all connections to see what is leaking. If your at home then simply connect to your water hose start engine then turn on water. Look into engine compartment and see if anything is leaking. If you cannot find the problem turn off water then engine. Then next time you can put the ski in the water leave it on the trailer with the seat off and the ski strapped down to your trailer securely turn it on with the seat off and once again see if you see whats leaking. make sure plugs are in. Good luck

How much water is getting in the hull? It could be from the cooling system or the through-hull fitting. With the ski on the trailer but in the water, fire it up with the seat off and see if you apcan see the source.

Thank you. I hooked up the hose like you said and turned it on and the water was coming out of the joint between the exhaust and the mainfold on top of the motor. Baqck to the shop it goes. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back