Water filling GTX 155 only in rough seas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyvan

My 2011 GTX 155 fills with water whenever I take it out in rough water. After a day on Lake Erie a few weeks ago in three to four foot waves, I had 8 in of water inside the hull. I checked the engine in smooth water after that it all hoses are good and no water got in. I did a hose test in my garage spraying water on to the jet ski, and found that water that splashes onto the handle bar area Works its way down and into the Hull via the 4in vent tubes and the bracket that holds these tubes, quite easily. It appears to be to me a poor design to me, for the gtx's and others from 2011 to 2015. I'm wondering if others have had this issue and how you solved it. I'm planning on installing a bilge pump. I know that they have gravity type drain tubes already installed but apparently they can't keep up with constant waves splashing onto the jet ski.

BRP uses the same system to scavenge fuel in hard to drain areas of their airplane wing tanks. Vacuum has no moving parts and no maintenance. Although the engineers probably didn’t plan on someone riding a ski all day in 3 ft chop with water coming over the handlebars. Maybe make sure your bilge lines are connected at the jet pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back