FOR SALE Wanted: Choke parts for 1995 GTX 657X

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

79MKII

Hello All, I'm searching for all of the choke parts for the carburetors on my 1995 GTX. I believe the carbs are the BN38I version. They are SeaDoo part numbers 270500258 (PTO) and 270500259 (MAG).

I'm not sure which carbs would have the same choke parts but I'm guessing there are some out there that do. I might have to buy a set of used carbs just for the choke parts, but I wanted to post here in case somebody converted to a primer and still has their old parts, or may be has an old set of carbs for sale. I have fixed the rotary valve problem that caused the previous owner to install the primer and strongly prefer the factory choke set up. Thanks!

assuming that Seadoo Source is correct, these are the models that share the same carbs as my '95 GTX. Please let me know if anybody has a set of carbs for these models:seadoo carb info.jpg

I found a nice set of parts carbs and have taken them apart for the choke swap. I need new screws for the choke plates but they aren't listed by SeaDoo or Mikuni. Anybody know where they can be purchased? The throttle plate screws are available but apparently they are different. Thx

Just wanted to button up this thread for future reference. The throttle shaft screws are the same as the choke shaft screws after all. The screws needed are M3 - 0.50 Flat Head Socket Caps Screws. I bought SS screws from eBay at the recommendation of another SeaDoo enthusiast and they work great! I will include a link to the eBay auction below but I don't know how long it will be valid.
M3 - 0.50 Stainless Steel Flat Head Socket Caps Screws, DIN 7991 A2 Allen / Hex | eBay

Actually, I will include the technical drawing for the needed screws:
tech sheet, choke shaft screws.jpg

Last edited:
Back