Want to buy 2007 230 wake as first boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Dizzko

Hello together,
I’m new here and looking into buying my first boat. Had anyone experience with the 2007 230 wake regarding wakeboarding and surfing? Boat will be in saltwater, is that a huge problem?
Boat has no cover and no Bimini too so I would need to get that too. Any recommendations where is best to buy that?
Thanks a lot in advance

I've heard a lot about poppy covers but nothing first hand as they no longer make a cover for my ski. But looking on their website it seems like you're covered.

Thanks very much! Anyone here that has this boat to answer me a few questions? Help would be much appreciated

It's a great boat and will be fine in the saltwater as long as you flush both engines after every use. Not great for wakesurfing and only okay for wakeboarding but a nice riding boat overall.

It's a great boat and will be fine in the saltwater as long as you flush both engines after every use. Not great for wakesurfing and only okay for wakeboarding but a nice riding boat overall.
Thanks very much! I planned on mooring it In saltwater. Is that a bad idea?
I’m also not sure on the package (it’s my first boat). I think it’s a bit beat up and there is no manual whatsoever. The broker doesn’t know anything (eg if the windshields go down , like I saw online). There is stuff missing like whole Bimini, cover and the storage tray above the engine). Trailer is rusty. Had “sea trial” yesterday and broker didn’t know how to test perfect pass or fat sacs nor did know if it has a depth finder. Still says that 23,500 can $ is bottom line. Is that ok?

There is no perfect pass on a 2007. Retractable windshields are only an option on 2007 and not common, like 1 in 10. It should have a depth finder. See below for specs. Manuals are easy to get as well online.

2007 SeaDoo Wake 230 spec sheet

I would not moor it in saltwater, get a lift or take it out after use. The saltwater will destroy it in just a year or two.

If you think it's beat up, that is not a good sign. $23,500 is ridiculously high for that boat. The NADA average retail value is $17k and low retail is $15k. That sounds like a $13k boat to me. I looked at a 2009 230 SE a month ago in Ft Myers that they wanted $18k for but it was pristine.

There is no perfect pass on a 2007. Retractable windshields are only an option on 2007 and not common, like 1 in 10. It should have a depth finder. See below for specs. Manuals are easy to get as well online.

2007 SeaDoo Wake 230 spec sheet

I would not moor it in saltwater, get a lift or take it out after use. The saltwater will destroy it in just a year or two.

If you think it's beat up, that is not a good sign. $23,500 is ridiculously high for that boat. The NADA average retail value is $17k and low retail is $15k. That sounds like a $13k boat to me. I looked at a 2009 230 SE a month ago in Ft Myers that they wanted $18k for but it was pristine.
Thanks a lot again. This one has a perfect pass on it (but it also says in the spec sheet you attached that there is one). Is the storage tray above the engine under the Sundeck is also optional?
I really did hope to be able to Moore it in saltwater (that’s why I was looking for a closed cooling in the first place). That’s a real bummer.
thanks again a lot for the help

I ended up buying a 2010 challenger 230.
Is there anywhere I can get a bow filler cushion for that?

You can look up the part number online and see if you can find somebody that still has one. Or you can just make one. Not difficult and will be a lot cheaper.

I’m thinking of upgrading a few things. Might sound like a stupid question but is the challenger worth doing upgrades to get a decent wakeboard wake?
I’d have to do tower and ballast plus perfect pass and some sound. Or should I just keep it like it is?

The main question for me is if there is the chance to modify the 2010 challenger 230 model to get a decent wake to wakeboard out of it and what modifications you would recommend (tower, ballast (how much and where)) and in general things to consider. Thanks you very much for any help

Anyone knows where I can get a perfect pass for the 2010 challenger 230? Seems they don’t build them anymore

I know this is an older thread already, but I wouldn't bother spending the money on a perfect pass system. Anytime we ski/wakeboard/surf with our 230 Wake, we never use the system anyway. Because of the twin engine configuration, you still have to work the throttle in conjunction with the perfect pass system. My $.02 on that.

I know this is an older thread already, but I wouldn't bother spending the money on a perfect pass system. Anytime we ski/wakeboard/surf with our 230 Wake, we never use the system anyway. Because of the twin engine configuration, you still have to work the throttle in conjunction with the perfect pass system. My $.02 on that.
I got the perfect pass last year and it works like a beauty. I see why they call it marriage saver. No need to work the throttle at all

I got the perfect pass last year and it works like a beauty. I see why they call it marriage saver. No need to work the throttle at all
Haha well then you've got it setup better than what mine is setup as from the factory. Glad to hear it's working!

Back