Want a Stereo (maybe)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportster-2001-951C-Stock

Considering installing a stereo and speakers, but want to set it up for wireless streaming from an android pad or possibly an ipad device. Are you guys into doing this yet? If yes, tell us about what you worked out?

I'm using Duals 3 inch receiver with West Marine 6inch speakers. The Dual draws 0 amps when off and maybe 1-3 when on. Purchase mine on ebay for $100. Most on ebay with Bluetooth capabilities are $150. The speakers are $20 a pair and have just as great of sound as some popular brands. Also, the receiver produces 240 watts (60x4) with the speakers rated at 90. If you want more out of the system add an amp and consider a higher wattage speaker. For my 96 challenger this set up works great for me.

-Tex

Thanks, was looking at that one. Are you using the MP3 streaming A2DP, what are you using for the BT source, Droid something? I wanna Droid something, so this is 2 toys in one. :) I don't need huge sound, just fairly clean sound, 128kbps MP3 is good enough as long as there aren't dropouts.

I'm using the USB. The Bluetooth should work with any smartphone. Although my Samsung S4 isn't supported when I try to use it. I used my wife's old IPhone for MP3's and I works great. The radio reception is great, even when sitting in the garage. Just an fyi. I wired the Radio to Delphi weather proof quick connects. Since my boat as at an storage I didn't want my shiny new radio just sitting out to be stolen or battle the elements.

I'm running the fusion ms-ra50 head unit with 2 ms-el602 speakers. We are in a saltwater environment and build quality is great completely sealed head unit. It also has a tiny footprint. You really cant hear well when up to speed but its great around the sandbar. After using other brands that have to be replaced every other season fusion is all I will use in a boat from now on. I'll get pics up soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
489.jpg
490.jpg
491.jpg
492.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now I am just using an aux cord. I plan on getting the Bluetooth adapter before this summer. But what you said about controlling it from a beach chair would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back