Wakeboarding with the 3up Spark?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

EasyErock

Anyone have experience towing wakeboards/skiers with the Spark? I'm worried an aggressive rider will pull the back end of the Spark out since it's so light? We plan to use it most of the time on our lake for tubers and wake boarding...I'm not a pro wake boarder by any means, but I want to be able to carve in and jump the wakes, etc.

If some people have issues with the back end being pulled out I was thinking some performance sponsons might help?? The Spark looks like a lot fun to ride but I don't want to regret the purchase every time I get on a wake board...

I haven't had any issues with the back being pulled out, and I have a 2up H.O model. The only problem I've had is that I can't get people that weigh more than 220lbs up. The tow rope connection is part of an aluminum frame that goes all through the upper hull, so you shouldn't worry about it breaking off. If you do somehow manage to break it off, my dealership said its under warrenty. I had the exact same question as you.

Anyone have experience towing wakeboards/skiers with the Spark? I'm worried an aggressive rider will pull the back end of the Spark out since it's so light? We plan to use it most of the time on our lake for tubers and wake boarding...I'm not a pro wake boarder by any means, but I want to be able to carve in and jump the wakes, etc.

Thanks Foster, I should've have worded my question better, I was worried about the back of jet ski being pulled out of water to the side by someone pulling on the rope really hard...e.g., carving really hard or riding out towards the side of the jet ski creating a lot of sideways pull on the jet ski. Have you considered the vtech mod to get 109HP? Maybe that would provide some better pull out of the hole.

I have read where some have said that "heavy" or "aggressive" skiers have pulled the ski to the side.

But over all it does well for its size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Foster, I should've have worded my question better, I was worried about the back of jet ski being pulled out of water to the side by someone pulling on the rope really hard...e.g., carving really hard or riding out towards the side of the jet ski creating a lot of sideways pull on the jet ski. Have you considered the vtech mod to get 109HP? Maybe that would provide some better pull out of the hole.

I plan on doing that when I have enough for the Turbo Kit. As for pulling the PWC with aggressive riders, it has not happened to me yet, but really depends on how aggressive they are.

I've towed a few wakeboarders with my 3up and as long as the boarder knows how to get up its fine. We had one guy that struggled to get up and made my spark feel like it was struggling big time to pick up speed. But once there up I sat at 60 to 70kmph and had no dramas and the back part of my ski held together just fine

Thank for everyone's posts, we did end up buying the 3up and it's great. We have no problems pulling wakeboarders or a 2-3 person tube with Sport mode. We even tried to pull the back of the jet ski out and although you can definitely feel the pull, we couldn't pull the back out. No problem pulling 200lbs wakeboarders with the 3up in sport mode.

Back