wake tower stern light

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcookr1

Going to hit the lake tonight and noticed the top is missing? has anyone one replaced these
IMG_2951.JPG my stern light is missing on the wake tower

Last edited:
That was sarcasm. There are replacement bulb housings you can get at an academy sports, or a west marine.

Take your old one off and hit the stores. You should be able to find something locally (Academy, Bass Pro, West Marine, etc.)

I went to academy found something close but the mounting is different and I don’t want to drill into the wake tower I need to find out who made the light In sure there not custom made. Thanks Jpass your always so helpful.

Can you not find a similar styled light, but still use the OEM mount on the tower? It's hard to tell from your pics, but it appears your light has 2 "legs" and the mount 3. So they mesh together like fingers and a through bolt secures the light to the mount.

Can you not find a light with the same mounting "prongs" and simply swap out the light while still using the original mount?

Ignore the crazy price on this model, but here's an example of a light that seems to have similar prongs

Just Google folding stern light. It's probably a perko or Attwood. Have you removed the base to see if the manufacturer molded their name/part into it? That's all commercial parts, Seadoo didn't make that stuff.

There may not be numbers, but the light in the link I posted above would work for your current set-up. Post a pic of the light you picked up if you can.

I'd still take the broken, OEM light off the mount/tower and take it to the store to find a light like the one above and just swap out the light and use your existing mount.

I googled Perko anchor light and found many that look like they would work. This one is cheaper and seems to have the same mounting system. See mount below:

anchor light.jpg

There may not be numbers, but the light in the link I posted above would work for your current set-up. Post a pic of the light you picked up if you can.

I'd still take the broken, OEM light off the mount/tower and take it to the store to find a light like the one above and just swap out the light and use your existing mount.

Mine fold forward and aft on the wake tower that design would fold left and right

But you're not using the base, just the light, so it would still fold the same. The light is a 360 degree light, so how it sits on the OEM is base is insignificant. I was simply showing the mating points between the light and the mount looked to be the same.

The store's ones the top plastic piece is riveted. The adjustment bolt is 1/2 bolt and the ones at the store are more like 1/4 inch. I might be able to cut on down my pipe is more like 5 inches lol. The ones at the store are more like 12 to 20 inches.

Last edited:
Have your dealer do a dealer search, it's free. Or many dealers online will check for free also. They will give you the name of the dealer who has it. You dealer might not have it but ten others might. It's free to have them check. I've found several decals that way.

You don’t have to replace it with the exact part number. Replace the entire assembly.

Personally, I’d get one. Little taller, as it doesn’t look like the one you have extends above your Bimini when it’s in the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back