Wake tower removal ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

UPTHECREEK

Could someone please tell me how to remove a wakeboard tower from my 2003 Sportster. Thanks

Last edited:
Could someone please tell me how to remove a wakeboard tower from my 2003 Sportster. Thanks

I would assume they're through bolted through the decking. See if you can see any backsides of any of the mounts to see if there's any plates behind the fiberglass to help spread the load of the stress from the tower flexing.

Tower shouldn't be too difficult to remove, but you'll have some gelcoat repair to do once it's gone.

I was hoping I could just undo the ball joints and leave mounting brackets in place. The wife and I are older and its makes it difficult to climb in boat when on the lift without bumping your head.

I was hoping I could just undo the ball joints and leave mounting brackets in place. The wife and I are older and its makes it difficult to climb in boat when on the lift without bumping your head.

I don't see why you couldn't just remove them from the joints. Post a pic of them if you don't see how to remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back