VTS on 06 RXP goes up but not down!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, new to the fourm, looked like the best place to get some help.

I have a 2006 RXP and ever since ive owned it the VTS has not worked. I took out the VTS motor and replaced it with a working one, that didnt seem to work. I replaced the button with a working one, had no luck with that either. Checked wires and they all seem to be in working order. When i had the VTS motor out, I manually put the VTS all the way up (its always been stuck in the down position). When i put it back together and pushed the down button, the gauge started to go down. It is now stuck at the very bottom again. I have no idea whats goin on and could use some advice. Thanks guys.

The smaller RXPs had it but not the RXTs. As far as your problem, sorry I have no idea.

Did you replace the motor or the module? These are a simple 5 wire system, both leads rest at ground. The up relay switches one lead to positive, and the motor turns x direction. The down relay switches the other lead to positive and the motor spins the opposite of x direction. Very simple system that uses two limit switches, two relays, and the VTS up down control.

I'll give you some quick tests to see where we can narrow the problem down to.

First- fuse 11 must be installed and good.

The VTS up down button- black is the common, and the blue/white and green/white are the directions. Test these wires with a multimeter at the 6 pin plug by the VTS module AND at the switch. IIRC Blue/white is up (continuous to black wire or ground) and green white is down. I may have them reversed. If this checks out then proceed.

Put the multimeter leads on the two motor wires in the VTS (unplug the motor) and set to volts. Test up and down- one direction should be 12v (or battery voltage) and the other should be negative 12v (or battery voltage). I would do this test with the VTS motor removed and manually turning the worm gear so the nozzle is in the middle position. If this checks out then it should work all the time.

Try these and get back to me.

2000 GSX RFI

Ok, I have the same problem, VTS wont go down.

Edit; Moved to 2 stroke forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back