vin number

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtpoor

iv had a sea doo giving to me with no title it been setting on the ground for about 2 years maybe 3 the owner dident know what i need to know is where do i find the vin number thanx for any help

First you need to add you year and model to the avatar so we know what seadoo you have. Usually the Hull number is on the rear of the seadoo as required by federal standards/ coastguard. You will need paperwork from the original owner to get it registered and insured. It will also prove it is yours and not stolen. Yea, that story wouldn't be the first one I heard with no paperwork...wound up being very hot.

Karl

Karl

thanks for the quick reply i don't know anything about this sea doo the person that gave it to me did'ent know anything ether when i find the vin # ill check to see if it is hot and go from there .

Yes, also remove the Mpem box and seadoo also leaves a copy under the Mpem box also.( the box all the electrical is in)

Karl

No Vin number on hull, i wouldnt be surprised if this one was hot.

No paperwork = no good in most states.

Lets just say I just bought a 84 JS550, I have old regs, Statement of Orgin, but since the previous owner refused to title it for me the state wont issue me a title. So I paid another $50 for a new hull with a title.

Most states have crazy hard title laws on PWC.

the person that gave it to me told me he he bought it in new hampshire when he worked there it has a sticker on it from that state. we live in illinois i would like to find out what year and model it is. it looks very bad it may not even float. it was setting in a field on the ground when i picked it up. my best bet would be to give it back or take the motor out and buy a hull with a title. in illinois it has to have a title or its worthless.

It sounds like it is worthless...if it isn't running, go look for a legit seadoo that runs so you can have fun on the water and not in jail.:ack: :rofl:

Karl

i agree i'm taking it back this weekend and like kustomkarl said get one thats legit thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back