Va, Newbie here! 96XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy XP

XP right.jpgxp rear.jpg
Hello folks,
I just purchased a 96XP off of ebay that has been in fresh water only, from reading the forums here I have replaced the fuel lines, rebuilt the carbs and replaced those peskey fuel filters and added an extra just be safe, serviced the RAVE vales, changed the oil twice thanks to my local dealer :(, sold me mineral instead of syntetic. The ski is in awsome shape for a 96!!! I have never owned a ski before and will be riding this salt water on the Chesapeak Bay. I have been reading and fixing any issiues that may happen before they happen.

I purchased this off of Ebay from Boat Angel for $635.00 w/ the trailer, the add stated it did not run but I took a chance and got it running... The previous owner told me it would idle but seemed to miss under load on one cyl, after reading found it may be the fuel filters, THEY WERE NASTY... havent done a compression check yet but my finger tells me its there. The VTS is not working and found the rear boot was ripped in 3 places and has toasted it I do belive. On the Hunt for a replacment unit now.

On the VTS is the 97 and up unit diffrent for the 96? I have found many of the 97 and up units avaiable but no 96's it there a wiring diffrence by chance throught the gauge

I do try to read and find out what is going on and fix issiues my self so I can gain the knowladge of repairing a thrashing this machine and having one hell of a good time!:reddevil:

Any adivce will be helpful!
Thanks

Attachments

• xp left.jpg
    xp left.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
welcome roy, im sure others here will welcome u also, good luck with your ski, post this on the 2 stroke pwc forum, scroll down on main menu, people will reply, and thanks again for joining us all at seadooforum

Hey welcome Roy from VA. Good Luck with your new toy. Ditto what the GRIZ said-Post your questions on the 2-Stroke PWC section of the Forum and you will get lots of answers and helpful info.

Sounds like you got a good starter project for the price and it runs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back