Utopia 205 - Salt Water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agugliel

Premium Member
Premium Member
Ok quick question bribing my boat to the Barnaget Bay for the a week and going to leave in the water for a week on our dock. Plan to use often. So any precautions I have to do while in the water and afterwards?

1. Can I use a salt water flush while the boat is in the water?

2. Should I flush nightly with salt water or after usage?

Any suggestions?

Straight from the manual:
Flushing The Cooling System
Flushing the cooling system is essential after each use in salt water, after the boat has run aground, or when the overheat warning horn sounds (debris in jet powerhead).

It doesn’t state about the salt water use interval. I trailer my Utopia and Flush after every Salt Water trip. Flushing with Saltwater won’t help, you want to flush with fresh water.

Thank you for the advise. So you can flush the unit after you have docked the boat as it sits in the water? How long do you keep your boat in the water? Do you use any of those flushes and if so what do you recommend?

I apologize but I’m not sure about flushing while the boat is in the water. I launch and pull my boat every trip and flush on a hose with freshwater every time it is in saltwater, sometimes even when I pull it from a fresh water source. The flushing helps remove any debris that could clog or corrode the cooling system. Any of the pros on here have any insight to agugliels question?

You can flush the cooling system while the boat is in the water, it’s actually a great practice.

But, do not run the engine while flushing.

Just hook up your hose and let fresh water run through the engine for about a minute with the engine off. And don’t forget to replace the cap on your connection after removing the hose or you’ll have a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back