Utopia 205 - Engine Information

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agugliel

Premium Member
Premium Member
Can someone help me to determine what kind of mercury motor I have if I am a first or second generation Mercury EFI M2 Jet Drive v6? Here are some photos.

Also having a hard time finding simple parts like the air filter in the throttle body air box and belt.

Attachments

• Photo Jul 14, 8 15 53 PM.jpg
    Photo Jul 14, 8 15 53 PM.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 26
  • Photo Jul 14, 8 15 56 PM.jpg
    Photo Jul 14, 8 15 56 PM.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 27
  • Photo Jul 14, 8 15 58 PM.jpg
    Photo Jul 14, 8 15 58 PM.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 25
Can someone help me to determine what kind of mercury motor I have if I am a first or second generation Mercury EFI M2 Jet Drive v6? Here are some photos.

Also having a hard time finding simple parts like the air filter in the throttle body air box and belt.

First 2 pix answer your questions.

Air filter? Did not know there was one. Belt: take the old one to auto parts store. Carry the old one as a spare.

Maybe carefully trim the end off an inexpensive inline fuel filter. Then replace your old filter.

(never seen that filter before.)

Follow this to your air filter. Face the rear of the boat. The plastic cover atop your motor with the label 3.0 v6 hides the throttle body. It's actually a sealed airbox, not a cover. This is where air is sucked in to the motor. Look on the bottom left (facing the rear of boat) of that plastic air box and you will see about a 3/4 rubber tube plugged in to the plastic air box. The air filter is located where that plugs in to the plastic body. Give it a 1/4 turn and it comes free from the plastic body. Just check for good air flow. Give it a clean with a compressor. If blocked then you'll need to find a different one. I've been able to clean mine w/o issue.

The fuel filter, if original, is a gold can about 1.5inches in diameter and is at the front of your lift pump, which is black and sits atop of your VST. It's where the fuel lines come from the boat's tank. I've always been able to back flow fuel through it and keep it clean. Not had to find a replacement. I'm sure you can find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back