UTOPIA 185 not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dumlummox

Getting a late start on summer here and my engine will not start up. First time of season is usually rough but no joy this year. Just keeps turning the flywheel to no avail...

Any advice is appreciated. New sparkplugs help?

Exactly what engine do you have?
Obvious.... is the kill switch in place an working?
Are your sparkplugs wet? Are you getting spark x6?
How old is your trigger base? OEM units had terrible insulation that crumbled over the years ending with no spark.

I believe I have the 210hp carb not the injected version

Would this number off the engine help?
OE395272
2001 210m2

I was concerned that it was very hot and maybe the part on the keys that hold the kill switch trigger was not depressing it enough...

When the rubber kill switch cap fails, that is just what happens. It will not hold the switch plunger down.

Back to previous questions......

How do you check spark properly and I am not sure what the trigger base is?

I can take some photos if that will help see if it is deteriorating.

The trigger base wires come out from under the flywheel to the rear. There are 6 wires, ending at a plug. Feel these wires. You can easily tell if the insulation is crumbling.

Get a spark tester or 6 from ebay.

Wires seem good as well as the spark plugs.

I cleaned the plugs and sprayed some carb cleaner into the intake as I cranked. Fired right up with this method. So in the future I will keep this in mind. My neighbor gave me the idea. Once the Utopia starts once she is good all summer.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back