Used RXP-X 260 SeaDoo and Trailer Purchase

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Trailer advice needed. I'm looking to purchase a used 2013 RXP-260 with 31 hrs and a 2016 Sea-Doo MOVE I 1250 (leaf spring suspension) trailer (photos below). I've heard the tires/wheels on the Move trailers are junk. Does anyone know if there is a direct bolt in replacement/upgrade? I've heard something about a 205/65/10 tire and trailer setup, shown here:
SeaDoo Trailer Example.jpg
Is this a setup I could replicate with the Move 1250 trailer and 205/65/10 tires?
Thanks everyone! -Lewis
SeaDoo trailer for sale.jpeg205:65:10.jpg

It would be helpful to know what aspect of the original wheels and tires are junk? Do people say they don't last? If that is the issue, then it depends on how many miles you will really be putting on the trailer. My recommendation would be to run the stock tires down until they are worn out before worrying about replacing them (but have a spare with you).

Are they too narrow? You would only need the wider wheels and tires if you are launching from an unpaved ramp or the beach.

There are definitely lots of sources of bolt-on replacements, and even places that will sell you tires already mounted on the wheels (rims). Find out what bolt hole pattern the trailer hubs and existing wheels have (from the photos it looks like the very common 5 hole x 4.5" bolt circle pattern). You should be able to find replacement wheel with same bolt pattern. You don't need exactly the same size overall tire diameter - within an inch or so should not cause any problems. The only issue is if you go so large they hit the fenders. You seem to be wanting wider, so you will need wider wheels. Check the load rating, but for a single PWC trailer, likely all the tires you find on a 5-hole rim will be plenty high of load rating.

Check Northerntool:
High Speed Trailer Tires + Wheels | Northern Tool + Equipment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back