Urgent oil ratio in 1996 seadoo challenger!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoo1996

Hi im new to owning a seadoo I recently bought a seadoo challenger 1996 it has the oil plate blockoff and was wondering what oil ratio should be.

Hi and welcome to the SeaDoo Forum.

You should use a 40:1 mix ratio. Use a API-TC rated oil, I believe you have a 787 with rave valves, so you should use a full synthetic oil.

Lou

Hi and welcome to the SeaDoo Forum.

You should use a 40:1 mix ratio. Use a API-TC rated oil, I believe you have a 787 with rave valves, so you should use a full synthetic oil.

Lou

Yep... what he said.

Since the boat is new to you... is the oil tank still in the hull, and hooked to the center of the engine? The Rotary valve gears in the engine still need an oil supply, and we see it all the time, where people remove the oil system, and they eat the rotary valve gears.

Yea oil tank still in place and has oil in. does anyone know what the name of the oil is? Or were I can find it

40:1 means for every 40 parts of gas, there is 1 part oil. Use any measurement you want. 40oz of gas to 1 ox oil. Most of these have a 40 gallon gas tank, so it needs 1 gallon of oil for every full tank of gas.

I think the tank on your boat is closer to 30 gallons though. So you would need 3/4 of a gallon of oil.

40 ounces of oil to one gallon of gas!!! OMG you would be smoking out all of EL PASO. haha Happends all the time man doint worry bout it i did it the first time i mixed a 2 stroke too. The only way to learn is to dive right in huh. Just check on here frequently if you ever have questions you can learn alot just by our mistakes that we have done. WELCOME and have a graet weekend

YOU SOUND LIKE ME SIR? LOL, ok from what I read on here and by most experts on here, is 40:1 ratio is 3.2 ounces of oil for every gallon of gasoline. So 10 gallons get 32 ounces of oil. Since my boat is only a 85hp 657x motor, I only use about 3 gallons of gasoline a day (if that), so I put in 9.6 ounces of oil for the 3 gallons of gasoline.

Good luck

YOU SOUND LIKE ME SIR? LOL, ok from what I read on here and by most experts on here, is 40:1 ratio is 3.2 ounces of oil for every gallon of gasoline. So 10 gallons get 32 ounces of oil. Since my boat is only a 85hp 657x motor, I only use about 3 gallons of gasoline a day (if that), so I put in 9.6 ounces of oil for the 3 gallons of gasoline.

Good luck

Are you saying you only put 3 gallons of gas into your boat at a time? The way you are adding gas and mixing the oil could have something to do with why your boat continues to have problems. You really need to add more gas and add the right amount of oil accordingly. If you only put a few gallons of gas at a time in there, you are probably sucking up crud on the bottom of the tank.

Are you saying you only put 3 gallons of gas into your boat at a time? The way you are adding gas and mixing the oil could have something to do with why your boat continues to have problems. You really need to add more gas and add the right amount of oil accordingly. If you only put a few gallons of gas at a time in there, you are probably sucking up crud on the bottom of the tank.

Rfoster, thanks for always helping me, but I did already put in a about 10 gallons. My gasoline is tank is already half full. I add another 3 gallons everytime I go out to be on the safe side, but my gas tank is always half full.

I know it sounds crazy, but my boat barely uses any gas? I do premix outside the tank with a 5 gallon gasoline tank. I usually add 3 gallons, then add 9.6 ounces of oil, following your suggesting here:

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?35780-Took-boat-out-2nd-white-smoke-coming-out&highlight=ratio+premix+cheappc

Though I did use a marker and marked my oil level in my oil tank like Dr. Honda said, and my oil pump is working. However, it hurt me a lot when I had to shell out $1,800 bucks for a new rebuilt engine. So I rather be on the safe side for a few extra dollars of oil?

What do you think?

So you are still continuing to premix and use the oil pump? Thats why your boat runs like poo dude. You only needed to do that for like 1 tank full of gas when breaking in the new motor. Sounds like you oil injection system is working just fine. Burn up as much of whats in the tank as you can. Then throw in some new plugs and fresh gas without oil. I bet your boat runs better than ever. You are probably running on some very oil soaked plugs.

If you are worried about the oil injection reliability then ditch the system and switch to premix...You dont need both though.....Premix really is not the best idea though.

Rfoster I went and bought 6 sets of spark plugs and I have them in my truck just in case, and sometimes I do add 3 gallons without any oil. I guess Im afraid to not have any oil in there in case my pump stops working (knowing my luck), because it happened to me before, put too much oil in there, thats probably why I had to rebuild my carburetors so soon, I guess maybe the more oil I have in there, the faster I foul up my plugs and gummy my carbs, look, after I cleaned my carburetors, here is a video:

[video=youtube;tKVlTcm-aQ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKVlTcm-aQ0[/video]

I guess what Im trying to tell you, is that I rather spend some more money on oil, spark plugs, and rebuild my carburetors instead of a mechanic telling me I have to rebuild my engine... since I only take out my boat a couple of times a year?

It really isnt about just fouling plugs and gummin up the carbs. It is effecting how the boat runs. Trust me, you will probably notice a difference how it runs. You only need to premix or use the injection system, not both. The sparks plugs are constantly trying to burn gas that has too much oil in it. Does your boat smoke a lot?

It really isnt about just fouling plugs and gummin up the carbs. It is effecting how the boat runs. Trust me, you will probably notice a difference how it runs. You only need to premix or use the injection system, not both. The sparks plugs are constantly trying to burn gas that has too much oil in it. Does your boat smoke a lot?

Thanks, guess what? My boat starting acting up again yesterday, I did add "another" 3 gallons of gas without oil this time (thats 6 gallons with no oil), last week I added 3 gallons without oil either.

Anyway, my boat went back to its usually bad thing, where it would rev to 4000 rpm, and when I try to go faster it just bogs down. I went to replace my spark plugs only to realize I only had old ones with me, oh man, so I put the other ones up and still.

I think your right, I should just go through all that gas I have in my gasoline tank. I have over half a tank, do you think thats whats causing my boat to bog down after 4000 rpm. Right after I rebuilt my carbs and put new spark plugs, my boat ran like new, it didnt hesitate at all, I would push the throttle and it would go, just like the video, awesome. And now it went back to its routine.

You think I should just get rid of all that gas in there?

Question relating to oil type (both injection and jet-pump lube)
The Bombardier brand is expensive and hard for me to find. Can I get away with Penzoil Synthetic TC-W3 injection oil and Penzoil 80W90 API GL5 for the jet pump? (I know that Bombardier recommends 75W90, but will the heavier oil perform OK?

You're probably O.K. with the pump oil, even though 75W90 should be easy to find, I use Mobil LS1, Synthetic, GL5, 75W90.

As far as the injection oil, we have beat this subject to death. You need to use API-TC rated injection oil. I'm not sure what motor you have, not sure what a Seadoo 150 is. If you have a 720 or smaller motor you can use a mineral or synthetic blend, if your motor is 787 or larger you should use full synthetic. I use Quicksilver, you can get it at Super Walmart, or a Mercury Dealer, be sure to the the API-TC rated because Quicksilver also makes a TC-W3.

The brand is not important but the rating is.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back