Upholstry help?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DooC180

I am reupholstering my c180, the first 5-6 panels went well but I ran into one cushion that seems to have an exceptionally hard base! My staples are folding up like the lwtter "M" and besides looking ugly I afraid they will rub the fiberglass. I can take the same stapler/staple combo and go directly to another panel and it works fine. Have tried pressures from 60 up to 120, tried warming the plastic base with a heat gun and I cant get them to penetrate without bending- very frustrating!

Anyone come across somthing similar or have an idea to work around it?

I've tried 1/4 monel (break/break), 5/16 stainless (bend) and 3/8 stainless (bend).

ive never seen this in my 35 year in the trade ill pass this on and seewhat jy fellow upholstery say

It's actually both rear seat bases, the plasticker is def thicker/harder than the others which are a bit flexible.

The factory staples are a thin gauge. I'm guessing by the time I source another pneumatic gun and fin thin stainless staples I could probably just pay the local shop to wrap the 2 cushions for me since I already have covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back