UPDATED 7-13-12: NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ: A Message from Dr Honda.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
SDDPartsguy - Weren't you paying attention. We just had a class on this the other week. (this could go on forever on these "forgetful" parts)

BTW - I don't think this was suppose to be an on-going thread. Tony was making a very valid point in starting this.

We don't have a lot of rules on this forum, but one unwritten one is we don't joke around on the tech forums, unless the original poster has his questions answered.

Most anyone on this forum can tell you that I joke around more than most, but it try to keep it on the off topic section. Try looking at "Ask, Jake, Lou, and Criss thread.

Lou

Mine was a joke too...."muffler bearing class" ...yeah right.... :) no such class..

OH BTW- Welcome to the best Seadoo forum. :cheers:

Btw Seadoobuddy thank you for the welcome... this is a very informative and entertaining site. lots of intelligent threads on here...glad to be aboard.

Jim

I agree 100%, I am new to the group and it takes me quite a long time to search and "post".
New guy in forum.

I wish I read this before sending you a PM today. Im nice, I'm a good guy. I have a nice smile. :)

What you PM'ed about was perfectly fine. :thumbsup:

Guys....

I'm really not an angry kind of guy. I just don't want PM's with the basic questions from guys who didn't try to search, or make a post with the problem. We all learn from this site from making posts.

If you have a legit question, and tried to make a post... and you aren't getting an answer... feel free to PM me.

Good morning Doc,

I am a brand new member here, when I saw this thread I was excited because I thought it was going to be like a thread I read on a car forum I frequent.

So in a effort to be helpful I thought I would show you that thread, it was a collaboration between several members on that board and it is required reading for all new member on that forum. It cuts down on the PM's and the same questions over and over again.

RX-8's are quirky cars and very misunderstood, many people buy them without knowing all it takes to properly maintain one, they re a true enthusiast car as you really need to invest some time and care into them.

http://www.rx8club.com/new-member-forum-197/new-potential-owners-start-here-202454/

They also have a thread titled, "No Flaming all stupid questions go here". This thread is full of the same question over and over but the rule is, no flaming, so it is like a flame for moths, all the newbs go there to read and ask questions.

Just some suggestions, I am still digesting this place so this may actually exist already and I have not found it yet, if so I apologize.

jim

This is AWESOME!!!!! Makes the search results sooooooo much better!
Just a tip on searching the site for you guys. The built in search software pales in comparison to Google's. What you can do is go to Google and type this in verbatim:

YOUR SEARCH TERM site:seadooforum.com

Just replace YOUR SEARCH TERM with whatever you are searching for. It will be a lot more accurate in finding what you are looking for :cheers:

Hi Guys,

OK... most of you know me, and I try to give help whenever I can. Also... it takes a lot to get me upset, but in the last 2 months... I've gotten a bunch of PM's from people with only a few posts to their name, and are asking questions ranging from VERY basic maintenance, to common issue questions.

SO....

If you only have a few posts to your name... please do not PM members for basic questions. This is a chat board. We all learn things from reading posts. The only reason to PM a member is to ask a personal question, or to ask something that may not be seadoo related. There is no reason in the world for a NOOB to PM a senior member to ask....

1) What kind of oil should I use?
2) Where is the water leak?
3) I have Tempo hoses and the ski doesn't run
4) My beeper is dead.
5) How do I winterize/summerize my boat/ski
6) What kind of spark plugs/gap should I have?

I'm sorry if I'm coming off a little harsh, but I'm getting tired of PM's with basic questions from new people who think they don't need to make a post.

FROM NOW ON... I will simply delete PM's that are basic questions, from members with low post counts. (under 10 posts)

With that said... if you are a new member... and you have a valid question in a post, and you aren't getting any response... you can PM me (or other senior members) a link to the thread, and we will try to help.

Thanks for understanding guys.

******EDIT*****UPDATE*************

Hi guys,

It's a new summer, and new problems. This time it's not all just PM's... but it's in the forum.

SO.... If you want help from me.... you must use proper English, grammar, and punctuation. Also... this is a FREE chat board, and there are people here who spend their own PERSONAL time to help people out. SO... DO NOT bump your thread after only a couple hours. We all have lives, and sometimes we just aren't here to take questions. Not to mention... when I log in... the first thing I do is look for posts with 0 replies. Then... I look for posts that I've posted in with updates. So basically... if you bump your own thread... it no longer has 0 posts... and it's going to get skipped over.

Here again... I'm not trying to be harsh... but I just got into a pissing match with a new guy (via PM's) because of everything above.

Basically... if you aren't nice... I'm not helping you.

I hope that this post does not rub you the wrong way. I am new to this site and I believe I have a good question? I have a 2000 RFI GTX Sea Doo. It has less than 200 hours. At the end of last summer I had my dealer winterize it. Since last Aug, I have not started it up .It has been garaged and out of the weather. Today I put the battery in and it just clicked It would not turn over. I pulled the spark plugs and when the starter was turned over, OIL came out. It was a fluid lock. I pumped the starter until the oil seemed to be clear. It then started up but was very smoky. I took it to the lake and after missing and smoking a lot, It took off and ran fine. After I returned from the lake, about 5 hours later, it was locked up again. I had to pump the oil from the spark holes to get it started. Do you have any idea what the problem is? 2 separate repair facilities told me not to worry about it and just use it. This has never happened to me before. I should not have to pump oil from the cylinders to get it running? Something must be wrong. Is the engine shot with only 200 hours? PLEASE help. Ucontrol rovnr@aol.com 805 526 7924

The engines on my Challenger were shot by 200 hours on the hobbs.

My engines were doing the same exact thing, well, no they were worse, as fast as I cleared the oil out they would lock right back up. In the 2 cycle boat section this has been covered ad naseum.

You have 2 choices.

1. Continue to use the ski knowing the engine is on its way out. Your oil seals are shot on your oil pump which is on the crankshaft and requires a full tear down to get to.

2. Start laying plans to get the engine rebuilt and stop using the ski.

I agree, oil seal. Normally once you clear the oil it is good for a month. Yours must be VERY bad for it to be an issue in only 5 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, oil seal. Normally once you clear the oil it is good for a month. Yours must be VERY bad for it to be an issue in only 5 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I was clearing mine out I could see the oil level in my tank going down, I was basically pumping the oil through the spark plug holes and out. It was a very expensive pump to run considering the cost of a gallon of that damn oil.

:redface:

aw Doc you're makin me blush :redface:

Snipe, I agree with what you are saying. One issue though, I'll admit I never really spent alot of time trying to figure out how to efficiently use the search engine on this site, but I have found it difficult to find what I'm looking for. Either zero hits if too specific or 1000 unrelated hits if not specific enough. I've even tried searching for threads I know I've read in the past, putting in the posters name and key words I know were in the post but I still couldn't find it after 20 minutes of trying differnet options. As someone with 30 years of experience in software design I would strongy suggest the forum owners put a little effort into beefing up the search capabilities. Also, something I mentioned to Doc a few weeks ago is that there are alot of really great threads with great pictorials, eg, rave cleaning, how to rebuild carbs, how to do a compression test, etc (the gray fuel line bogging issue thread should be a must read for every newbie) but newbies don't know how to find them and the same questions get asked over and over every day. What oil should I use, How do I clean my raves, etc. I've asked just about every newbie question there is in the past couple years (and how to bleed the brakes on my F150 - Thanks Doc!!!) and you actually very patiently answered most of them for me when you were more active. The idea I had was kind of like a simple tool that would have a list of those most common issues or questions that you could select from and would take you directly to those educational threads. That seems like it would eliminate a large percentage of the redundant newbie questions and free you guys up to concentrate on the more complicated questions. As posts get submitted that have good info the moderators could just add them to the list of common problem links. Maybe what I am describing is what the How To Tech Articles section is supposed to be but I think most people, including myself totally overlook that section. Maybe it should be made more prominent. I've been on the forum a few years and I have no idea how to find a list of Stickies? Bottom line, There is an incredible wealth of information available here, it is just not really obvious or easy to find. Just my 2 cents.
Newness here also I did not no anyone to ask

Hi Guys,

OK... most of you know me, and I try to give help whenever I can. Also... it takes a lot to get me upset, but in the last 2 months... I've gotten a bunch of PM's from people with only a few posts to their name, and are asking questions ranging from VERY basic maintenance, to common issue questions.

SO....

If you only have a few posts to your name... please do not PM members for basic questions. This is a chat board. We all learn things from reading posts. The only reason to PM a member is to ask a personal question, or to ask something that may not be seadoo related. There is no reason in the world for a NOOB to PM a senior member to ask....

4) My beeper is dead.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off a little harsh, but I'm getting tired of PM's with basic questions from new people who think they don't need to make a post.

FROM NOW ON... I will simply delete PM's that are basic questions, from members with low post counts. (under 10 posts)

With that said... if you are a new member... and you have a valid question in a post, and you aren't getting any response... you can PM me (or other senior members) a link to the thread, and we will try to help.

Hi guys,

It's a new summer, and new problems. This time it's not all just PM's... but it's in the forum.

SO.... If you want help from me.... you must use proper English, grammar, and punctuation. Also... this is a FREE chat board, and there are people here who spend their own PERSONAL time to help people out. SO... DO NOT bump your thread after only a couple hours. We all have lives, and sometimes we just aren't here to take questions. Not to mention... when I log in... the first thing I do is look for posts with 0 replies. Then... I look for posts that I've posted in with updates. So basically... if you bump your own thread... it no longer has 0 posts... and it's going to get skipped over.

Here again... I'm not trying to be harsh... but I just got into a pissing match with a new guy (via PM's) because of everything above.

Is this ligit to ask, but everytime I try to post a question the form just keeps on saying error? I'm new to this but I'm trying to learn a few things any help would be great as Im still trying to figure out how to ask questions or make replays to questions. I'm not even sure if this will post but I'll find out if it shows up. Thank you in advance

Hi Guys,

SO....

4) My beeper is dead.

Hi guys,

HELP. I am not able to post, only able to reply. I am not doing something correctly. please tell me how to post.
J5less1 imtomjac@gmail.com

HELP. I am not able to post, only able to reply. I am not doing something correctly. please tell me how to post.
J5less1 imtomjac@gmail.com
6059ACCD-4ED2-49F3-B0FD-0EBDDEF002A5.jpeg7EEF3578-B25A-4410-AAB0-F9811126BDA4.pngPress the Seadoo forum logo and the.orange tab “ post thread” will appear. Just hit the post thread button, enter your title, select the sub forum, type out your message, and then there will be another button to press to post the thread.

Back