two broken windshields wake 230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

elmer

Need to find best way to replace two broken windshields. My 2007 Wake 230, while on the lift with cover on, was subject to huge rainstorm for 3 days. Cover filled with water, and upon inspection, I found that the weight of the water on cover, had shattered both front windshields (fun cleanup). A quick parts search shows $1,320 each! SERIOUSLY? I just need some glass and can do myself. Any ideas?

I'm hoping a glass guy can cut the right size. Then it's a matter of attaching to brackets and sliding in...I hope. You would think you could just buy the glass itself... I'll try calling the dealer Tuesday... Anyone else break their windshield?

Do you have the retractable one? If not they are curved. Is that price for installation too? The retractable one are flat and basically square right?
Welcome to the forum.

Not retractable (power window option) but its set up like its ready for the power option ie; glass in slots, space for glass to go down etc. but no motor. So I think they are slightly curved...problem... Price is just parts, no labor...

I know if this happened to my boat, insurance would pick it up with no problem. Have you talked to your broker ? I would rather have insurance pay for the proper glass than try to make something work on a 50,000 boat.

Aaron:cheers:

Wow i bet that it must have been one of the first 07 as I know in 08 its either the retractable or it non and the non has a curved windsheild. I go the insurance route. Or Call BRP and she if this is an issue others are having?

Yeah, def. gonna make a claim. $500 deductible and it's fixed correctly... I think I was just shocked at the cost... for glass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back