Troubleshooting help request

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cslucas34

hello all. New to the site and new to Seadoo challenger ownership. Own a 2011 210 Challeneger sp. boats been awesome so far but last time out one engine (starboard) had an issue. While ramping up rpm the starboard engine acts like its choking out above 5000 or so Rpm then take it to idle and it runs rough and eventually dies. Let it sit a while and starts right up and runs great up to about 4500 rpm or so, but if I go wot or push it past 4500 rpm or so it repeats the issue. My first thoughts are spark or fuel issues. The engine starts right up (when not preceded by the issue) both in and out of water and idles and runs fine. Only has issue when trying to get to higher rpms. This just started happening out of now where while we were on the lake wakeboarding (new and thus lots of wot to stop to wot). Ran great before. I replaced the spark plugs and swapped the coil packs from port to starboard and that didn't fix anything. While troubleshooting I noticed water spray inside engine compartment and on the right hand side of the stbd engine (the one with the problem)(facing aft) there is a 2 large pipes joined by rubber hose and clamps that is spraying water. I'm not sure if that is related or a separate issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking about checking fuel lines / filters? But not sure how to do that.

I think you might be barking up the right tree, a little bit of water can snuff out a cylinder pretty easily under heavy throttle. I'd investigate that water leak, highly suspect.

Good troubleshooting with the p/s swapping, I'd swap the fuel injector sets once the water leak is addressed.

hello all. New to the site and new to Seadoo challenger ownership. Own a 2011 210 Challeneger sp. boats been awesome so far but last time out one engine (starboard) had an issue. While ramping up rpm the starboard engine acts like its choking out above 5000 or so Rpm then take it to idle and it runs rough and eventually dies. Let it sit a while and starts right up and runs great up to about 4500 rpm or so, but if I go wot or push it past 4500 rpm or so it repeats the issue. My first thoughts are spark or fuel issues. The engine starts right up (when not preceded by the issue) both in and out of water and idles and runs fine. Only has issue when trying to get to higher rpms. This just started happening out of now where while we were on the lake wakeboarding (new and thus lots of wot to stop to wot). Ran great before. I replaced the spark plugs and swapped the coil packs from port to starboard and that didn't fix anything. While troubleshooting I noticed water spray inside engine compartment and on the right hand side of the stbd engine (the one with the problem)(facing aft) there is a 2 large pipes joined by rubber hose and clamps that is spraying water. I'm not sure if that is related or a separate issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking about checking fuel lines / filters? But not sure how to do that.

got pic's of the pipes?
could be the intercooler leaking water if your boat has a s/c.
or exhaust leaking water and air intake sucking it up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

got pic's of the pipes?
could be the intercooler leaking water if your boat has a s/c.
or exhaust leaking water and air intake sucking it up?

Thanks for the help guys! It was indeed that leak I found. I didn't take pictures but if anyone else wants or needs to see what I am talking about I'll be happy to post pics. But what I found was that it was the problem. It hauls butt faster then before now and that issue is gone. Thanks for the advice and direction!

Thanks for the help guys! It was indeed that leak I found. I didn't take pictures but if anyone else wants or needs to see what I am talking about I'll be happy to post pics. But what I found was that it was the problem. It hauls butt faster then before now and that issue is gone. Thanks for the advice and direction!

Glad to see you fixed it. I'm a new Challenger/Boat owner too so I like reading what other people know/try. Thanks for posting!

I'd love to see a pic of where the leak was, just for future reference.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back