Trouble Starting 2000 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Droozer

So here's what happened...

The back section of the SeaDoo got flooded (where the battery, bilge pump, etc...)

So I replaced the battery. But now whenever we TRY and start the SeaDoo, it will do the following:

1. Put key on... SeaDoo beeps twice
  2. Push Start/Stop, SeaDoo TRIES to kick over, but quickly dies.
  3. Push Start/Stop again, it does a long beep.

All of the fuses were good except the 3A, which dies each time. I unplugged the bilge pump and that seems to resolve that.

MY theory is the SeaDoo won't start without a working bilge pump, could this be it?

Any ideas and help would be great!

Thanks!

Your battery is dead... OR... there is corrosion behind the main power cables, and as soon as you hit the power... the cable looses contact. I'm betting that it's just a battery that needs replaced.

Sounds like the battery is no good the ski will start with the pump is unplugged check all the battery connections and load test that battery

Well... That's what I first assumed... So I replaced the battery. It's doing the same thing with a new battery.

Make sure the battery is fully charged if it's not fully charged it won't start I have flooded my xp many times and never had any problems with it starting up after draining it double check the battery u can hook up another battery if u use a car to jump it make sure the car is NOT RUNNING when u hook it up and see if it will turn over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back