Trixx handlebar clamp won’t close

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

BenM

Hey everyone, I am the new owner of a 2018 Spark Trixx 3UP. This is my first watercraft. The jet ski is in good shape, but the clamp for the adjustable handlebars won’t close and I’m hoping someone here can help me.

When I close the clamp as hard as I can, there is still about an inch or so between the clamp and the front of the bars. I have tried tightening and loosening the small black piece on the side of the handlebars that faces the rider to no avail. Maybe hitting the clamp with a hammer would close it, but I obviously don’t want to do that. I looked in the owners manual but that was not any help. Hopefully I’m just overlooking some kind of adjustment somewhere and I’ll feel like an idiot when you point it out to me. Thanks in advance.BD690EAD-DDA9-4F45-8564-4B839496693A.jpeg5620FFAB-2CB1-41AE-AE15-5B1977586738.jpeg

The clamp handle can loosen if you turn it counter clockwise...then it will close flush against the riser.

The clamp handle can loosen if you turn it counter clockwise...then it will close flush against the riser.
Okay so I just tried this for quite a while. I tried going in both directions but nothing helped. I was still unable to get it to close any further. Is there a trick to it that I’m missing? Thanks for your help.

It looks to be the same as a mountain bike quick release clamp used on front wheels and seat posts for adjustment. I would have bet $$$$ that loosening it one full turn counter clock wise then clamping it down would have made it lock closer to the riser.

I’m stumped. I have a new 2020 Trixx on order and hope I can figure it out when it’s in front of me. Best of luck with it.

I like it because everyone, even kids and slight women, are able to ride the Trixx and pull-off cool tricks

If turning the clamp both ways does not effect clamp pressure then there is a nut on the backside of the clamp screw that is turning as you turn the clamp just like a bicycle fork wheel clamp. See if you can access the back nut and hold it with a wrench and then adjust the clamp pressure. You can see the backside bolt holder in pic 1 that is possibly what’s turning when you turn the clamp.

Last edited:
it's one of the worst features on the trixx- (not the rising bars, just the clamp) I have 2 trixx and I was very disappointed to see this lousy clamp still being used on the current 2020 trixx. it truly is a horrible design.
it's works well for a month- but then gets increasingly difficult to lock in the bars. if you loosen the clamp to make it easier, then the bars slam down every time your bow hits the water while doing tricks- if you tighten the clamp to prevent the bars from slamming, then you literally need a hammer to clamp it. it sucks.
the only remedy I've found, that won't wash away is applying a little white lithium grease under the cam lever. be careful otherwise the white grease gets everywhere and is unsightly. I've tried other spray lubricants like silicon and power lube, they work for a ride or two and then back to a hard clamp.
my 2 biggest complaints on the trixx model; lousy handlebar clamp design and the inability to get to the engine without splitting the hull. (I guess you can also throw in the lack of standard knee pads on the sides- my knees are always bruised up after a few hours of riding tricks)

Back